cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Catherine47
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi - I successfully (I think) loaded eSim card yesterday. Today my previous carrier confirmed the switch and no I have nothing. 

11 REPLIES 11

Catherine47

Thanks for your reply. Helped me figure it out. Removed old sim. Restarted. Went to travel sim which was now public mobile. Yay. Changed it to primary. Now I think I’m in business!

HI @Catherine47 

can you post your screenshot for us to tell what is it?

and did you go to Setttings->Cellular (or Mobile Data)? post us screenshots

you can also just submit ticket with agent and have them to assist or at least check if your account is activated properly

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Catherine47

Thanks but mine looks nothing like that screenshot. 

HI @Catherine47 

Check if  eSIM is installed activated on your iPhone.  Open ‘Settings’ ->  Tap on ‘Cellular’ or ‘Mobile Data,’.  Then from the list of available plans, check each one and see if Public Mobile is there.  Tell us what you see

Catherine47

Restart did not work. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Catherine47 

if you cannot even make outgoing calls, it is a sim provisioning issue and not a porting issue.

check SIM manager to confirm if PM eSIM is installed and set as active

If you don't see PM eSIM there on your SIM Manager, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step),  try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone , disable them (eSIM/Physica sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled 

Since you are on iPhone,  make sure  "Turn on This Line" is enabled  under Settings->Cellular

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Catherine47

I will try restart. 

Catherine47

IPhone and no my phone does not show PM anywhere…

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you do a full power off restart of the phone? iphone or Android?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Catherine47 

do you see your phone connected to PM network?

and you have iPhone or Android?

Need Help? Let's chat.