cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service since my scheduled renewal today.

Drum74
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve been trying all day to get someone to fix my issue. I have had some private email communications with different tech’s. But seems I’m getting the run around. Verifying my account with each email. But no help in solving the issue. The last email I received was asking me to go into the community again to send an email with my info again. 

9 REPLIES 9

Drum74

I’m not 100% sure how it resolved. At one point I did open a ticket under his account too. So maybe the CSA was the resolve! 😜

@Drum74 wrote:

hi! I only changed plans. We were traveling needed more data and since back home I changed back to my original plan as scheduled changed. My husband was the same his cell is ok now. Just mine is still no 3G. Can’t receive calls but I can make them. I can’t receive texts or send them either. Can’t get on the internet as well. ☹️

@Drum74 - normally i'd suggest some troubleshooting, but since you had plan changes, this seems to be connected with the issue that has been plaguing other users who had plan changes this past week.

Stay with your ticket with CSA and see what they say back.

Glad your husband's is working now, did it just resolve on its own, or with CSA intervention?

Drum74

hi! I only changed plans. We were traveling needed more data and since back home I changed back to my original plan as scheduled changed. My husband was the same his cell is ok now. Just mine is still no 3G. Can’t receive calls but I can make them. I can’t receive texts or send them either. Can’t get on the internet as well. ☹️

@Drum74 wrote:

Yes by private message.  No luck at all in getting my 3G/data working. So strange. I’ve been with PM for a few years now and this is the first trouble I’ve had. ☹️ 

@Drum74  - Seems the last few days CSA may have been inundated with requests/tickets.

Let's hope ticketing system is not all messed up now. 🤞

Keep one of those messages with a CSA going in your inbox, and hopefully you will hear back from an agent shortly for a resolution.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Drum74 

Yes that can be very annoying. You happen to have a glitch on a day when there's been a major glitch happen with renewals. I would imagine you keep getting a different agent answering your private messages who then ask for you to reverify.

If you've sent a private message to them verifying via the traditional method versus a link then you can ask the new CSA to refer to your original message for verification purposes. You may also be getting new agents who tend to be very careful about verification and sticking to policy.

Refer to the post in the second option of contacting customer support (below). If you click on that and then read the spoiler within you will see the info needed to verify through a private message and you can still send that info to the next CSA that asks you to verify and then it's sitting there for all following CSA's to look at and verify your account without you having to do it over and over and over again.

Now the issue with your data has it simply stopped working? And just to ask the obvious questions you've already logged into your account? Refreshed the page? Used private/secret/incognito mode to determine that you still have data on your account?

Did you just renew? Did you change plans? Any chance you have your data limiter on your phone is set to stop your data before all your plan data is used up?

Have you tried rebooting your phone? Toggling airplane mode on/off? Removed your sim card? And if possible put it in another phone and see if your data works?

Reset your network settings? Watch out though you will have to reenter all your Wi-Fi passwords etc if you try this one.

Your other two options to reprovision your SIM card on your end or a little more onerous. You may or may not be able to make a manual Top-Up payment of at least $1 on your account. But the new self-serve accounts limit payments to your plan amounts depending on your balance so you may or may not be able to do this.

The other most effective way of reprovisioning your sim card would be to suspend your account via lost/stolen. You would suspend. Log out/in. Resume your service via lost/stolen. Log out and reboot. However if you are on the rewards program your rewards will not automatically apply upon renewal. This is a known glitch. After you renew or reactivate you would then have to contact customer support to get the rewards applied manually. Sometimes they say no you will have to fight them for it but you do deserve them. But most customer service agents will apply them without question.

Hopefully if time passing did not restore your data service maybe something above will? Keep us up to date with your customer support interactions and whether your data services get restored and perhaps we can offer more help or advice to get this accomplished.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Has the verification been done, have the PMd anything of substance and got the ball rolling?

lemon18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This issue has been happening quite a bit recently. It happened to me as well, but after a few hours, it fixed itself. Hopefully, that might happen to you. I'd suggest submitting a new ticket until someone is able to help you properly. 

Drum74

Yes by private message.  No luck at all in getting my 3G/data working. So strange. I’ve been with PM for a few years now and this is the first trouble I’ve had. ☹️ 

@Drum74 wrote:

I’ve been trying all day to get someone to fix my issue. I have had some private email communications with different tech’s. But seems I’m getting the run around. Verifying my account with each email. But no help in solving the issue. The last email I received was asking me to go into the community again to send an email with my info again. 

Do you mean by private message? Public Mobile doesn't offer support by e-mail and if you reply to an e-mail message, no response will be received.

Need Help? Let's chat.