cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Renewal Failure

Keegomx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Both of our IPhone will not connect to the public mobile network. We have used them for years without problem.

we have attempted all the suggested steps in the community and have had a trouble ticket in since yesterday, with no response. 
Both our accounts show active. We have credit on both accounts. In both messages and FaceTime all available  (emails) show connected but not the phone.  
TIA

26 REPLIES 26

@montrealrob 

Have you tried updating your carrier profile for your iPhone? It may be an APN issue since it didn't work on your umidigi phone either which is a phone that commonly needs the APN updated and has been known to default to telus's APN without warning.

@Keegomx 

this is new. I have a feeling PM is making a big change(volte) to the network.

best thing to do is to let other PM customers know of the issue and to hold off on plan changes for a month or so. one could possibly check the support forums to see if there are still failures happening. another option would be to ask customer support to make the change. 

Keegomx

@softech old age,,, yes, the ticket had not been responded to after a day but the PM got a response in a timely fashion. All back to normal now on both accounts. As both accounts had been set to change plans on the renewal date and both failed on those respective dates, I am sure you had it right,

@Keegomx so, your issue is now fixed?  it wasn't too long after you submitted the ticket??

Keegomx

To complete this thread, the problem was exactly what @softech @suggested. PM reset the accounts and all is well. I am not sure if the changing plans ahead of time error has been fixed but presumably will be soon. With a little push they applied a small credit to both accounts and while not much for two days frustration, it is nice to see them take some accountability. And, now I know a better way to get help so thanks all here of the forum!

Keegomx

@softech thx, both PM’ed and two tickets (two accounts) submitted. Appreciate the help

@Keegomx 

to open ticker.. 

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

montrealrob

@Keegomx wrote:

@softech Sorry for the repeat question, I’m old and just learning this support system. Is there a way to PM support other than the support ticket that I have sent in? Thx

Just PM  to CS_Agent, I belive it's same thing. 

Or click this link OR  use URL here:   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keegomx

Thx!

There is the chatbot ticket method and there is the private message method. Click the envelope upper right next to your redish avatar and click the little pencil on paper icon and then type cs_agent in the to and then whatever subject and then the body. It's a lot like email, but it isn't. As you type cs_agent it will pop with that name and you can select it.

Keegomx

@softech Sorry for the repeat question, I’m old and just learning this support system. Is there a way to PM support other than the support ticket that I have sent in? Thx

montrealrob

@dust2dust wrote:

@montrealrob- Then you're having a different problem from this topic. Maybe you ran out of data. Login and click the little spinner refresh icons lower down or use private mode to see your usage.

Yes you're right. Maybe I should open a new topic.

I just pulled out  SIM and put in a Umidigi android phone ,it didn't work either. Then I put in my other old Huawei Mate 10 android phone phone, it works. So it's the problem of PM did recently and probably caused old phone (iphone SE 1st gen) and non-main stream phone (Umidigi) didn't work ?   

Weird thing is call and text works fine. Probably it happened earlier than yesterday and I didn't notice it.  

@montrealrob- Then you're having a different problem from this topic. Maybe you ran out of data. Login and click the little spinner refresh icons lower down or use private mode to see your usage.

montrealrob

@dust2dust wrote:

@montrealrob- I'm not having the problem. This current problem seems to be from doing a plan change. Did you do a plan change?

No , didn't do any change. It suddenly stop working in new billing cycle.  You can see I use a iphone SE, so I've been with PM for a while. 🤣

Keegomx

No response to the ticket Rob 

@montrealrob- I'm not having the problem. This current problem seems to be from doing a plan change. Did you do a plan change?

montrealrob

@dust2dust wrote:

This is another stupid problem the company has made up for itself. It's been a problem for a few days now. The only fix is to contact the support people. But that seems to be backlogged.

Did they fix the data problem after you opened a ticket? Thanks. 

montrealrob

Me 2. So I'm not alone.  My phone is iPhone SE first generation. I'm in Ottawa now. My wife use iPhone 13 and it works fine. So I guess it's related to hardware as well.  Both are $25 Public Mobile plan. And we're both more than 2 years users.  Works fine until yesterday. 

Also both paid this month already. Next billing for both are next month.

Her works (ip13 pro , call/text/data ) and my data doesn't (iphone SE first generation).  Call and text works. My DATA STOP WORKING. 

Keegomx

Sorry to ask the obvious, but how do I message them. I have only been able to send in a support ticket which so far gets no response. Thx

This is another stupid problem the company has made up for itself. It's been a problem for a few days now. The only fix is to contact the support people. But that seems to be backlogged.

Keegomx

Sorry yes happens everywhere. It must be more than a coincidence that it happened on both phones and accounts on the renewal dates one day apart!

Keegomx

Yes, many restarts with both the SIM card on and removed. Did a full restore to factory on one phone (frustrating) and no change. Thx

Keegomx

Thanks for the response! No outages in our area and, YES to a scheduled account change on BOTH accounts! We have been travelling so had increased the data for our travels and scheduled it to roll back to our normal limits. 
Cheers 

Does this happen everywhere?  There could be an isolated network problem in the area.  This is going to sound obvious, but if you have already done this, try restarting your devices.  Unfortunately, for an account related issue, only a customer support agent could be of help.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Keegomx 

Have you looked to see if there are outages?

https://www.telus.com/en/qc/outages

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Keegomx   did you schedule a plan change for this renewal?  

There has been problem with plan change on renewal days for those who were supposed to renew and change plan yesterday.  I wonder if you are one of them.

and yes, unfortunately,  PM has been very busy with this "glitch of the week" and look like the response to ticket is a lot slower. 

Pease message them again for update 

Need Help? Let's chat.