cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service since activating the SIM last night

boldventure
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Activating process was completed  without error even the site was slow, cc was charged for the payment and received an email welcoming new account to public mobile. So I was expecting everything was okay until I inserted the SIM card into my phone. There's no service, can't receive/send call or text, and when I tried to call the temporary number, it's not yet in service. I tried the sim in 4 different unlock phones, still no service. Account is active but there's no way in My Account to check the status of sim, even your number and the sim card number. I hope they include these ones.

I have another sim to activate but hesitant to do it because of this issue.

I already pm the moderators but still no reply. It's frustrating if you are the one affected and you have no idea when you will get a reply. At least someone should reply that they are checking it and they will get back to you in number of hours/days/weeks so that you can decide whether you will wait or just get a refund.

17 REPLIES 17

boldventure

There was a techincal problem but I have no idea what is it since activation process was completed without error. 

@Mary_M, it's already fixed but start date of the 90-day should be adjusted to today since service only started today.

I'll port my Koodo later.

Thanks

arcinthesky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @Mary_M

Private message was sent. 

boldventure

Thanks @Mary_M

Resent my info

stphnp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks @Mary_M, I hope you have time to get to my message today 🙂

Kris77m
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Thanks Mary. Private message was send.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello all,

if anyone on this thread requires assistance, please private message me with the required information (if not done already) I'll do my best to get back to you in a timely manner!

I truly appreciate your patience,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

I'm sure there will be an adjustment or future credit. 

If you able to try early morning expect servers will be quicker.

Good luck whichever direction you go.

At the risk of overkill, here's some Koodo porting suggestions:

- do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your Koodo account number; that is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be exactly as it appears on your Koodo bill

- do not use the person's Koodo number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your Koodo number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

boldventure

I am using a temporary number, I have not ported my Koodo yet.

Given this issue even when resolved, I will be hesitant to port my Koodo and activate another SIM.

The start date of the plan should be adjusted to when there is a service.

Your case is rare but I have seen it before. Nothing really you can do but wait it out; the longest wait seems to be a week! Robot Sad Which is incredible considering that it was no more than a day during the month before the promo. I did hear that the private message backlog was 250+ one morning!

The good news is that you have indeed registered for the promo plan. 

Hopefully your Koodo SIM is still functional.

boldventure

Thanks

I already sent private messages to 2 moderators last night but I have no idea how long is the waiting time for initial response.

Everything went smoothly in activating and payment process, no error. I checked all data I inputed more than 3 times if I am inputing the correct data so I am just wondering what went wrong since there is no service

Yes, unfortunately many similar situations are happening. You will need the assistance of one of our moderators. Send the information below by private message to @Shazia_K. Don’t worry if she is not available as your message will be forwarded to someone on duty.

If unfamiliar with private messaging, check here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. Check in from time to time when they are online; Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

Include whatever bits of the following info you have:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • PM SIM card number

I activated 3 SIMs last week and only had 2 glitches: a popup/ad blocker prevented access to choosing a number, and a credit card was rejected after twice being accepted. I was actually expecting the latter problem because the bank might find it odd to have three rapid transactions to PM on the same card.

The bottom line is "nothing ventured nothing gained". Yesterday's problem may be gone, so not likely any benefit in waiting to activate another SIM/account. Just begin with a temporary number and port-in AFTER you are certain service is correct.

Let me know if you would like my list of "do nots" for Koodo transfers.

boldventure

the APN is for the internet, not for text and call.

Although it was set automatically same as the link

boldventure

I tried in 4 phones, all are unlocked and all works with Koodo

2 Samsung Note 4

Asus Zenfone 2

Nokia Lumia

No signal.

Message shown briefly is unregistered SIM

I tried registering it manually to Public Mobile in the phone's setting but cannot be registered.

Info that may help us help you:

1. What is make/model of your phone?

2. What message do you see on the phone; No Sim, Enter Codes, Public Mobile, etc.?

akagw

Hi boldventure,

Have you tried to manually enter the APN settings as referenced in this thread?...

http://community.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

I had to do something similar to my wife's phone last night when the network didn't work right away. 

Hope this works...

edit: I had to delete the stored APN settings that the SIM card created on her phone first then enter these from scratch. 

AndreLaranjeiro

Does your account work on the website?  The activation process usually takes 30-60 minutes.  Mine took approximately 50 minutes.  How long ago did you register?

exsoldier84
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What phone are you using?  I activated 2 phones in 2 days.  An android (One Plus Two) and iPhone 6S.  Phone were activated perfectly without any issues.  You may need to modify your APN settings to have the data working properly.  As for voice calls and SMS messaging, it depends on if you ported over your number from a different carrier or not.  Usually it's pretty quick, but it could take a while for some carriers. 

I ported over from Rogers, and my Rogers account automatically cancelled and when i called them to confirm, they said yes and i will receive a final bill in the mail to close my Rogers account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.