cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service, no SIM detected on renewal day

jamiegeorge74
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

my plan auto pays and today is renewal day, my bank and Public mobile account show payment, but handset is showing no service and SIM not detected.

Have rebooted, reseated SIM, set handset to factory defaults and not getting anywhere.

Not a coincidence that this is happening the morning of renewal is my thinking.

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jamiegeorge74 

Renewals can cause a sim provisioning problem although it's rare for you to lose all services but possible. After contacting customer support ask the CSA to reprovision your sim card and reset your account. Rarer still would be a sim card failure. If you have access to another working sim card to test in your phone to rule out a device issue then that may be the issue so a replacement would be needed. You can ask for a credit on your account once you submit the reciept.

If you cannot rule out a device issue then you should check to see if your device has been blacklisted.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@jamiegeorge74 wrote:

Have rebooted, reseated SIM, set handset to factory defaults and not getting anywhere.

Even if you see this

Meow_0-1645556132662.png

does NOT mean you do not have service. But in your case could be something little bit more serious. Did you get SMS form PM that your plan has successfully renewed?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jamiegeorge74   do you have another phone that you can put your SIM into it and test?  It could be device issue or it could be SIM issue

Also, you login to My Account and confirmed that account status is showing Active?

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jamiegeorge74 thanks for confirming. As they match follow instructions that @esjliv  posted to contact support so they can investigate issue.

jamiegeorge74
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the digits match

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jamiegeorge74  - strange things can happen in those 'witching hours' of the morning of the renewal.

What does it say for your status (or messages say) on your Self Serve account?

Does it say you owe an amount?

If you do not see the payments applied in your transactions history, or check your credit card to see if there was a charge or not, perhaps Autopay failed.

If this is the case make a manual top up choosing the OTHER field, not amount owing. Then select resume/reactivate.

Reboot your phone.

Does that help?

If this was an Autopay failure I would suggest to let the Customer Support Agents (CSA) know.

Two ways to contact CSA:

1- Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Customer Support) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.
OR
2- Private message the Customer Support here (slower method): https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jamiegeorge74  Can you do a quick check? Log into account and click change sim card. It will show last 4 digits of the sim. Now take sim out of your phone and see if those numbers match.

Need Help? Let's chat.