cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to another province-different taxes

tysontomaszewic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I moved to Alberta where there is no provincial sales tax. Is it possible to keep the same number and transfer it province to province? 

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BeachNBeer : That's solicitation for personal gain. Kinda frowned upon around these parts.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tysontomaszewic 

Hey every little bit of money you can save adds up to a lot of savings. @BeachNBeer suggestion can save you between 6% to 10% depending on the tax rate that your current number incurs when paying via your card on file in self serve. If you have a London Drugs that you pass by on a regular basis consider joining their LD Extras program. London Drugs sells $10+ pm vouchers they qualify as a "visit" for the LDX program. For every minimum $10 purchase per day you earn a visit. For every 10 visits you earn a $5 "coupon" good for redemption on any purchase including a $10 pm voucher which will earn you another "visit" In effect it saves you 5% the equivalent of the gst. You also get a $5 coupon on your birthday! This is the only retailer loyalty program that allows you to both earn and redeem on mobile top up payments.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@tysontomaszewic 

@BeachNBeer Has a fantastic idea! If you can find a reliable voucher seller that you can walk to or is in line with your day to day travel then buy vouchers and use the hybrid auto pay method. Oh...I forgot my Calgary days,.,,.,there are only 2 months in the year for walking outdoors. 😀😀

Keep in mind the only thing cheaper in AB is car insurance and property lots. And cheap car insurance is just that. 

And you could make a few bucks linking some of us up to buy for us.

Ie for us in BC. 

$30 in BC costs us $33.60

$30 in AB costs you $31.50

You charge $32, you make $.50 we save $1.60 

oh shoot it’s not really worth it, is it?

And probably no legal. 

And no point if we have rewards on the old program. 

Moral an of the story.....If on old rewards......get working the referrals. I can reassure you that you will find a younger crowd that will want PM.....they just need to know about PM. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

No. Your billing is based on your phone number. 

Alternative is to keep number as outbound to you makes no difference.  Just add +1 to all of your contact  numbers. Question is how many people will there be that simply won’t call you over LD. 

Or change to an Alberta number with same last 4 digits. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Camera4617 : But are you going to make a special trip out just to get a voucher? Not likely. So when you're out and about running errands you just add getting a voucher to the list.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous  Yeah, it is all about how much that is worth to you. If I'm on 15$ plan, with 5$ discount, I'd save max (depending on the province) 1$.. To do that, I'd need to go to store, buy voucher, manually load it... However, to some saving each $ is important.. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Camera4617 : Saving up to 10% of taxes on the net amount owing?

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BeachNBeer  Nice workaround.. Just, if it is worth anyone's time I guess.. Thanks. 🙂

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tysontomaszewic  No. Tax is based on the area code of your number. If for example you have an Ontario area code you're charged Ontario taxes. As you're in Albert now you'd have to consider changing to an Alberta number.

Here is a solution However. If you have a card on file for auto-pay$2 discount you can still add money to your account in advance of your payment date. System always debits available balance before charging card for remaining amount.. so you could simply go to a corner store or gas station and buy top up vouchers in Alberta with less tax and then add the money to your account to pay your bill. You'll still be entitled to the $2 auto-pay discount since you have a card on file.

Need Help? Let's chat.