cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service, need to keep old phone number, cannot update credit card

rayc1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

My current situation is that I really need my existing phone number, I want to update billing information but I cannot login to public mobile with registered account. I tried resetting password but does not work.

Is there a Mod I can contact regarding this or a phone number I can call?

EDIT: I have had this number with Public Mobile for over 2 years, credit card expired and did not realize. I tried calling a Public mobile, entered the 10-digit number and said it cannot be found

16 REPLIES 16

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rayc1   Thanks for updating your thread and really happy to hear that you got a very helpful agent to help you retrieve your number.

rayc1

@dabr turns out my plan expired back in July, the phone number was disconnected but I got a new sim card, and Mary was able to assist me in getting my old phone number back. Thanks for the help everyone

@rayc1   

if you call your number from another phone , does it ring?    Does it go to a voicemail?.  If it is voicemail, is that YOUR voicemail?

Since you still have the service 2 days ago, sound like the account either closed/suspended by PM or got ported away.  

Open ticket with PM Support first and see what they say

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

rayc1

No, shouldn't be the case, bank never called me

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you possibly have a credit card problem recently? Not just expired. Like fraud. If so and the bank did some chargebacks then you're in for a hassle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rayc1   Like I said earlier, that's really odd then.  Hopefully, you'll hear back soon from customer support and they're able to sort it out for you.   If you can update your thread once you learn what the problem is/was, would be nice.  Good luck!

edit:  It's possible that PM gave your number to another customer by mistake (unfortunately, it's happened more than once before).  If that's what's happened, then PM will have to rectify it and you should be able to get your number back.

rayc1

I dialed 1-855-478-2542 with my Rogers phone as well, it said the number could not be found. Thanks~

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rayc1   Good to hear!  However, strange that you cannot access the account via 611.  Hopefully, the SIM card is not compromised in some way.

rayc1

Thank you for help @dabr 

This phone had service just 2 days ago

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rayc1   Hmm....that's a concern then if you cannot access the account via 611.  You'll have to wait to see what customer support says then.  Hopefully, it's not because you're over 90 days of suspension.

rayc1

I just dialed and it said my account cannot be found

Not sure what is happening...hasn't been 90 days

It'll work to dial 611 as long as battery is charged up.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rayc1   Do you have another phone you can use?  Dial 1-855-478-2542 and then follow prompts, although I don't know if you require your PIN (if set) to access the 611 menu from another phone.

edit:  Or, if possible, transfer your SIM from the non working phone to a compatible working phone?

rayc1

How do I dial 611? My phone is out of service, dont think it will work

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You can buy payment vouchers at Shell Gas or Walmart, then dial 611 to pay your renewal costs. Deal with billing info in time.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rayc1   There's no tel. number for customer support but you can submit a ticket via chatbot or send private message.  Here's couple of links to support, but try the chatbot first.

chatbot: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

CS_Agent:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You may also want to just buy a voucher (for the time being) from SDM, London Drugs, 7/11 or Shell and load via 611 on your phone to reactivate your phone which gives you time to sort out the password with customer support, unless you get a prompt response after submitting a ticket.  Recharge.com are another option to purchase a voucher online for a fee.

Need Help? Let's chat.