cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone connection

Dachshund
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I transferred my phone from Bell by buying an e-sim card, but although I have data my phone still doesn’t work.

Any tips?

17 REPLIES 17

It will probably be in the monring.  Support isn't 24 hours.

Dachshund

How long do you think it will be before I get a reply?

Dachshund

I have done as you suggested.  Hopefully it helps.  Thanks for the support.

@Dachshund 

Hers how 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<

@Dachshund Message support to open ticket

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Dachshund

How do I open a ticket?  I need the phone for an important call tonight!

@Dachshund then you are good with the porting and  It is just a sim card provisioning.  Open ticket with PM and they can get it resolved quickly 

Dachshund

I have called my phone number and there is no answer.  I did speak with a Bell tech earlier today, but the cancellation was in reply to a text to which I was to reply Y or N.

I replied Y, and now I have no phone at all.

@Dachshund wrote:

I rebooted my phone and unfortunately cancelled my subscription with Bell.

Now my phone doesn’t work.

@Dachshund   

On top of your sim provisioning issue, what you said about cancelling Bell service make signal your porting was not completed

did you call Bell and cancel the service yourself?

If porting was done successfully , Bell account would have closed by itself and you don't need to call Bell to cancel it. 

You can test if porting is completed by putting your Bell sim card back to a phone.  Then from another phone, make a call to yourself, if Bell sim rings, then your porting was not completed. Let us know and will advise further

@Dachshund 

If you are not getting incoming and outgoing calls, that is likely a sim card provisioning problem.

But first try to reset all network

iPhone: 

• If you're using iOS or iPadOS 15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  • If you're using iOS or iPadOS 14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Android: 

1. Find and tap Settings → System → Advanced → Reset options → Reset network settings.
  2. Tap RESET SETTINGS.

If that does not work, please open ticket with PM support and ask them to Reprovision your sim card

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you 

Dachshund

Thanks for the reply.

I get neither incoming or outgoing calls

no idea how to reset all networks on my phone

@Dachshund  You will probably have to go to bell to get your number back and try to port again , but there a number for live support that can maybe help to fix . By verbally approving the port possible I will send you the number private message as we are not allowed to post it here 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dachshund   Data works but not voice calls?

can you at least make outgoing calls?

is it just incoming calls with problem?

If BOTH incoming and outgoing calls having problem, please try to click Reset all networks on your phone

If ONLY incoming calls not working, this is a porting issue, stuck port.  There is a team to contact to retrigger the porting request to Bell

Dachshund

I rebooted my phone and unfortunately cancelled my subscription with Bell.

Now my phone doesn’t work.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Dachshund 

Reboot your phone by powering off then back on.

I am assuming that you replied to the text confirming you are porting over to PM.

Dachshund

I did reboot the phone, twice.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Dachshund  Did you reboot the phone 

please 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<
Need Help? Let's chat.