cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network or calls or texts

Mikeyd83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got a new iPhone XR and it won’t connect to data I cannot receive or send texts or phone calls it worked for an hour then nothing I called apple care and they said public mobile locked me out and to contact you 

21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mikeyd83 : If it's locked to a previous provider or if it's blacklisted on devicecheck.ca then Public Mobile can't do anything. Would you be willing to screenshot what you see. Blank out personal info of course.

@Mikeyd83  have you open a ticket with mod yet?

Now, you need to contact the moderator to sort the situations

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Mikeyd83 wrote:

device says reported lost or stolen when I contacted her she called her provider as did I and they said public mobile has to unlock perhaps I accidentally hit something in general settings says contact public mobile to unlock carrier settings 

@Mikeyd83   did you mean devicecheck said it is reported lost or stolen?

"When I contacted her", was that the original owner of the phone where you bought the phone from?

They said Public Mobile was the carrier locked it?  If so, open a mod and confirm and see if you can do anything.  If they see you as the last owner, maybe they can unlock it if you provide them all the info?

Mikeyd83

Says to contact public mobile right on the phone apple and bell the previous provider says it’s to do with public mobile not letting this phone on there network 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mikeyd83 : Are you saying devicecheck.ca shows it as lost or stolen? Public Mobile can't help with that. I don't know how one gets it removed from that list either.

Mikeyd83

Yes I have done all that except factory resetting with the sim in the phone 

Mikeyd83

device says reported lost or stolen when I contacted her she called her provider as did I and they said public mobile has to unlock perhaps I accidentally hit something in general settings says contact public mobile to unlock carrier settings 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mikeyd83 : See what devicecheck.ca has to say.

Mikeyd83

Mikeyd83

Self serve is fine I can the sim in my girls phone and my moms phone but not this one apparently has something to do with public mobile had the girl contact her service provider the one I got the phone from and they say it’s fine on there end so it’s public mobile wish I could just call and talk to someone or I’m guna have to switch service provider

Mikeyd83

I have factory reset test networks and carriers updated did everything called apple they say it’s public mobile locking me out contacted the girl o bought the phone from she called the previous service provider and they say it’s my carrier locking it out which is public mobile 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mikeyd83 wrote:

Just got a new iPhone XR and it won’t connect to data I cannot receive or send texts or phone calls it worked for an hour then nothing I called apple care and they said public mobile locked me out and to contact you 

Hi @Mikeyd83 , perform a RESET of the Network Settings on your new device with the Public Mobile SIM card inside. Then REBOOT.

Have you tried logging out of your Apple ID, then logging back in ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one way to you fix it explanation to moderator Team and the are nice service the will 100% help you

you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service

Good Luck

softech
Oracle
Oracle

No Apple expert.. but I seen this suggestion before

do you need to connect your phone to the computer with iTune tuned on and download the latest software and carrier profile?

of course, you can try opening ticket with Mod to confirm if everything is setup correctly on the backend.

@Mikeyd83 wrote:

It’s not black listed apple told me my phone is working properly and was to do with my carrier 

Can you check your self serve account to ensure it is active.  Also check blacklist status on device check.  Beyond that if you need further account support, please click on the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the webpage and initiate a support ticket.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

your iphone XR is unlocked

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Mikeyd83

It’s not black listed apple told me my phone is working properly and was to do with my carrier 

Mikeyd83

Apple told me to contact public mobile which you can only contact by on here which really sucks my phone worked then all carrier settings were blocked on my new phone it is unlocked to any carrier it did work the. Wouldn’t 

@Mikeyd83 wrote:

Under carrier settings it says phone not allowed it worked then won’t I contacted apple care they said it’s to do with my carrier not apple 

Where did you source this phone?  By change was it a resale?  I think your phone may be blacklisted.  You can check using this site.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Mikeyd83

Under carrier settings it says phone not allowed it worked then won’t I contacted apple care they said it’s to do with my carrier not apple 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mikeyd83 , what do you mean that Public Mobile locked you out?  Is your self serve account in active status?  If so, then the service is functional and should work.  Public Mobile does not care which phone is being used with the service, so long as it is compatible with the network and is not locked (or locked to Telus if it is locked).  The iPhone is new enough that it should be unlocked (release date after all phones sold in Canada are unlocked).  

Need Help? Let's chat.