cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming SMS after US Addon expired

biggyk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Was back from my trip to the state a few days ago and my us add on expired last night but now no incoming texts are coming in. Possibily related? I had another account issue once the last time I did a US addon. Outgoing and data seem fine. How long does it take for a mod to reply? Really would like to get it working again asap.

12 REPLIES 12

Loncaric101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried 3 times to proactively avoid the issue and it stil happened. The US roaming app is a real pain. I contacted a moderator the day I came home which was a over a week ago, and the problem is still happening. I keep receiving very friendly messages saying someone would be happy to help and to just click the link to verify access to my account. However, no one responds after that. Will never get that add on again. I have so many missed work conversations. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@steff12321 wrote:

Just wondering, does this happen with all Add-Ons or only the ones that include text? I am going to be travelling to the US soon and want to know if I should maybe get the data only add-on to avoid this, or won't make a difference?

@steff12321 the US Roaming Texting add-on is the only one with this issue.  Do see my note above about how you can proactively avoid the issue, assuming you're going for a trip of less than 10 days anyway.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

That's a thread about this bug and a moderator said that the problem is with the texts... @steff12321 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Re-Not-Receiving-Text-Messages/m-p/140776......

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just wondering, does this happen with all Add-Ons or only the ones that include text? I am going to be travelling to the US soon and want to know if I should maybe get the data only add-on to avoid this, or won't make a difference?

biggyk

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@biggyk wrote:

@Loncaric101 wrote:

I have that problem every time I get the add on, it's incredibly frustrating! It has been an issue for years. Any chance it will ever get repaired?

I just got back from the US and this is the first time that it has not happened to me. So I don't know if they changed anything on my account or what but I was glad not to have to deal with it this time.

Is the 10 days up that you purchased the addon for?  It only happens when the addon expires.  If you were only in the US less than 10 days you won't notice anything until the 11 day from the date of purchase

Yes, it expired about two weeks ago and this time did not experience an interuption. When I got the reminder by text, I was worried I would wake up the next morning and have no sms

@biggyk wrote:

@Loncaric101 wrote:

I have that problem every time I get the add on, it's incredibly frustrating! It has been an issue for years. Any chance it will ever get repaired?

I just got back from the US and this is the first time that it has not happened to me. So I don't know if they changed anything on my account or what but I was glad not to have to deal with it this time.

Is the 10 days up that you purchased the addon for?  It only happens when the addon expires.  If you were only in the US less than 10 days you won't notice anything until the 11 day from the date of purchase

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

biggyk

@Loncaric101 wrote:

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Loncaric101 wrote:

It has been an issue for years. Any chance it will ever get repaired?

@Loncaric101 Purely speculation, but I doubt this is a high priority item for PM to fix.  I'm going to say "do NOT hold your breath" while waiting for this fix.

Here's my suggestion to everyone:  if your trip is < the full 10 days, as soon as you are back in Canada, send the moderator team a private message and ask them to manually remove the US Roaming Texting add-on from your account.  If they do this pre-emptively, you will not experience the issue on the 11th day.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Loncaric101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

biggyk

tried the lost phone trick but it never disconnected from the network after 10 mins. I guess il have to wait it out. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@biggyk wrote:

Was back from my trip to the state a few days ago and my us add on expired last night but now no incoming texts are coming in. Possibily related? I had another account issue once the last time I did a US addon. Outgoing and data seem fine. How long does it take for a mod to reply? Really would like to get it working again asap.

@biggyk, Yes it is a known issue and happens after the expiry of the US addon.  It lasts about 24 hours because the Addon doesn't get removed from your account right away for some reason.  You can try the lost stolen phone trick.  Login to self serve report phone lost (deactivates sim) log out.  Wait five minutes and log back in and report phone found (re-activates sim).  No guarantee this will work but witht he current response time of Mods being 48 hours it will fix itself before they get back to you with a reply so it is worth a shot.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try cycling your phone off/on. See if that helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.