cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Not Supported!

minnie2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bought 2 SIM cards, activated in line, phones are compatible, created a account, put the sim in...& error! Sim not supported, says contact the carrier & request a new sim or ask your carrier to unlock the phone.

FEF231A6-1294-4DC9-9A99-A5E0FDBEE073.png

I i am not sure what to do besides go back to my old provider? Very stuck

11 REPLIES 11

minnie2000

When we bought our phones from Best Buy, we bought them outright, no contract. We previously had phones & a month to month bill with Virgin (no contract) which we brought forth & stayed with them when we purchased the new ones. Just transferred everything over. When I talked to them on the phone, she basically said they were waiting for us to call them before unlocking to another carrier, to let them officially know.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@minnie2000 wrote:

No we purchased them new from Best Buy over a year ago, but we were Virgin Mobility customers. I just called Virgin & it is them who locked our phones, how terrible. 

@minnie2000 glad you got it resolved.  🙂  

Out of curiosity, when you bought from Best Buy, did you buy them with a 2 year contract through Virgin, or did you pay the full retail price and buy them outright unlocked?  Just because Best Buy was the retailer doesn't mean you weren't buying them from the carrier (aka by starting a new contract and putting some/all of the phone cost on tab, etc).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

minnie2000

Perfect 👌🏼 Worked, Thankyou

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@minnie2000 wrote:

Thankyou, Thankyou! My old carrier did have them locked. They have submitted a request to Apple to unlock them & should be good after this😊👍🏼

The Process is almost instant once submitted by Virgin Properly, don't wait for any email just try inserting your Public Mobile sim cards you should be good to go.

minnie2000

Thankyou, Thankyou! My old carrier did have them locked. They have submitted a request to Apple to unlock them & should be good after this😊👍🏼

minnie2000

No we purchased them new from Best Buy over a year ago, but we were Virgin Mobility customers. I just called Virgin & it is them who locked our phones, how terrible. They now have sent a request to Apple to have our phones unlocked, which I should be receiving a email with instructions on how to do this.😊 Finally, Thankyou all for the quick support & help, very much appreciated! My day has just gotten better - Thankyou💐

@minnie2000 wrote:

Yes my hubby & I both just switched from Virgin Mobile in Canada, created separate accounts, activated sims, transferred our numbers over. Then received that not supported message when we put the SIM cards in. So it’s a Vigin Mobility issue?

Not exactly. We're wondering if you purchased the phones from Virgin. If so, they are locked to Bell/Virgin and must be unlocked by them to work on PM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

minnie2000

Yes my hubby & I both just switched from Virgin Mobile in Canada, created separate accounts, activated sims, transferred our numbers over. Then received that not supported message when we put the SIM cards in. So it’s a Vigin Mobility issue?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@minnie2000, according to apple, your phone is SIM locked to another carrier.  You need to get the phone unlocked before using it on this service.  If this phone is sourced from a Candian carrier, they would supply the unlock code free of charge.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201328

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@minnie2000 wrote:

Bought 2 SIM cards, activated in line, phones are compatible, created a account, put the sim in...& error! Sim not supported, says contact the carrier & request a new sim or ask your carrier to unlock the phone.

FEF231A6-1294-4DC9-9A99-A5E0FDBEE073.png

I i am not sure what to do besides go back to my old provider? Very stuck

@CalgaryBen

Help this user......

@minnie2000

Iphone guy...

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

As a starting point, do you have 2 accounts? You can only activate 1 SIM per account.

Login to self serve and confirm each account is correct and active. 

Are the phones unlocked? Where did you buy them? What are the make/models?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.