cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No inbound calls

patches1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my new SIM card 48 hours ago. I am able to make calls out and use data but no incoming calls. I have tried multiple phones and reset all settings. The issue persists. I even tried deleting everything and setting up as new. I cannot receive any incoming calls. 

13 REPLIES 13

patches1

Thank you 🙂 

patches1

Yes. Thank you @Handy1 @softech @JPK222 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@patches1 - did you get your porting request resent or sorted out?

You may also get sorted out this way by submitting a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Note:

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval, within 90 minutes, to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@patches1  Sent the number to your inbox

@patches1   did you try calling the porting department to check?   I will message you the number, my number is different from what showing on that page.   Please check the community inbox for the message.  Call again and check.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you using an iphone? Do you have an Apple ID? Did you go into settings general about on the phone and check for updates.

patches1

I tried using that one but it doesn't accept my number 😞 

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@patches1 wrote:

How would I go about receiving that number? 🙂 

via the envelope in the upper right, send a private message to @Handy1 .

patches1

How would I go about receiving that number? 🙂 

patches1

I did that as well. I transferred my number and confirmed with the old provider.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You did a number port?  You might need to contact the PM port team.  I believe @Handy1 has a number where you can contact the port team.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you transfer a number over? If so did you leave the old sim in a phone and confirm the text from the old provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.