cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data since activation

Anu2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not getting any data since my plan got activated 2 days back. It shows LTE but I am unable to connect to anything. Does anyone know what can be the issue?

9 REPLIES 9

Anu2

I did, and they ported it manually. Got a response from their customer support now, they're saying the porting wasn't completed by them. Thank you for your responses.

By any chance @Anu2 , did you move here from Koodo prepaid?

If so, in order to complete the port for that move, the customer support agents must manually do it behind the scenes given that Koodo prepaid and Public Mobile share the same systems (being under the TELUS umbrella)

If that’s the case, your contact to customer support should remedy the issue. 

🙂

Anu2

Thank you, I have messaged them.

I recently moved to Public Mobile and it was a prepaid plan. So that's not the issue, will see what they say.

Then you need to load funds on your account sufficient to restore service

is it possible your payment failed? It does happen, and it sucks.

log into your self-serve account and apply payment either by a credit card debit Visa or Public Mobile payment voucher

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to the Customer Support Agents by clicking here 

You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Anu2

Nothing is working. Why is that so? I didn't even try calling or texting before this, and now I can see that that's not even working.

@minecraft wrote:

By any chance you haven't set the data line to Public Mobile? You may have only set the voice line to Public Mobile.

Huh @minecraft ?  Please elaborate.  🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

To be certain, @Anu2 , do ALL your other services work?   Calling and SMS texting BOTH in and out?

As far as data goes, ensure mobile data switch is toggled "ON", that you don't have a data limiter set to disable data, and that you are in a Public Mobile service area.

Also try rebooting your device, resetting network connections, and toggling airplane mode on/off.

You might also wish to try your PM SIM card in another (known to be working) device to see if data functions.   While you're at it, try another provider SIM card in your device to see if their data works with your device.

This would all be in an effort to discern whether you're dealing with a service or device related issue.

minecraft
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

By any chance you haven't set the data line to Public Mobile? You may have only set the voice line to Public Mobile.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.