cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No audio while playing video clips when on data

arkshn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

When my iPhone 6 is on wi-fi and I'm playing video clips on Instagram, etc. the audio is fine.

When the phone is on data (not connected to wi-fi) there is no audio.

Anybody has any idea why is that?

Best regards,

19 REPLIES 19

arkshn
suggested absolutely the right thing for me to do, i.e. turn the Bluetooth off and then try to play a video clip on Instagram, for example. It worked perfectly.

arkshn

Hi,

No audio usually happened in the car while waiting or riding a ferry boat, for example.

My phone is always connected to the car's entertainment system via the Bluetooth.

I have to turn the Bluetooth off now in order to play video clips with audio.

lol. I have always had iPhones but never see an opportunity to see a BlueTooth device to connect to. But my neighbours Range and some other weird thing shows as a Wifi connection. 

IMG_1628.jpg

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

That's essentially my question as well.  It's a strange problem, unless something was connected.  So many devices are Bluetooth-enabled these days, and our devices tend to auto-connect for convenience, but sometimes this has unexpected consequences.  Or, this may just be a "bug" in the iPhone since others seem to have the issue too.  

This is one great thing about these forums - seeing what's out there and learning about new and different technologies/quirks/etc.  🙂

@BlueB Would you not see what you were connected to, if you were, when Bluetooth is turned-on. This could be interesting.....like a device next door or?

BlueB

@arkshn 

That's great to hear that turning Bluetooth off worked.  Do you know if there was something connected via Bluetooth?  That could explain why audio was going "there" as opposed to your phone.  If not, it's strange, but still glad it worked.  🙂

arkshn

Turning Bluetooth off did the trick. Audio is back when the phone is on data. Will continue testing it, though.

arkshn

I followed esjliv suggestion and turn off Bluetooth on the phone. This did the trick. Audio is back while the phone is data (LTE)

arkshn

Turning off Bluetooth on my iPhone 6 did the trick. Audio is back in video clips (Instagram, etc.)

while the phone is on data (LTE) I will continue testing the phone in different situations.

Thank you very much. Great suggestion!

Yikes......bad solution. 

0PX9O4

@arkshn 

Try switching to Android

/s

You might want to google the problem as it looks like your model has audio issues. 

@softech wrote:

Worst case, bring it to Apple Store for assistance

I would not say 'worst case' but maybe the optimal solution. Instead of trying this and that (and maybe causing something even worse) if Apple store is accessible just go there and let them fix it for you AND explain to you why is this happening.

Then let us know what resolved your issue so everybody knows how to handle such issue.

@arkshn   I am pretty sure it's not an issue with the PM service. (but you can try to put your PM sim in another phone to confirm)

Did you try to put another SIM  into your phone and see if it has the same issue or not?

BlueB

@arkshn 

That's weird, especially since you're downloading that data anyways.  I'm curious what solution will fix your problem - let us know!

On a similar note, you do NOT need to reseat your SIM card.  If the rest of your phone services work, then your phone is able to access the SIM fine to log on to the Public Mobile network.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@arkshn 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
Spoiler
on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@arkshn wrote:

Hello,

When my iPhone 6 is on wi-fi and I'm playing video clips on Instagram, etc. the audio is fine.

Best regards,

@arkshn  try this troubleshooting :

• Ensure your phone is installed with the latest ios software

• Make sure you haven’t connected a Bluetooth handset with your iPhone, as this may lead to prevent the speaker from giving the sound. Go to settings > Bluetooth and make sure no headset is connected with it.

• Perform the soft reset: Press and hold the Power and Home button for at least 10 seconds until the iPhone shuts down and restart again. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

interesting.. i search around and there were couple posts online that have the same issue with iPhone 6.  However, there were no definite solution with the issue.  Start with phone reboot, also make sure your phone is updated.  Worst case, bring it to Apple Store for assistance

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@arkshn wrote:

Hello,

Best regards,

Try cycling phone off / on again. It's a long-shot...but might work.

Let us know one way or the other.

Need Help? Let's chat.