cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing Week '23 Plan No Longer Offering Advertised 512kbps

homecook
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My signal quality this month has been lowered drastically. I went from low digits packet loss to 50+% while playing Counter-Strike. Needless to say it is unplayable now.

I also noticed video streaming is not even close to the 256 kbps mentionned in my sub. If I knew such a low blow was coming, I would not have downloaded 30 GB of patches in my first week.

Any way I can use a legit 512 on this network anymore?

3 REPLIES 3

homecook
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes. I exhausted it in the last 2 months of my plan. Was working flawlessly in late Feb. Same usage.

Weirdly enough under my "Current Subscription" the 512 kbps unlimited is no longer there. Just "75 GB of data, 30-day plan".

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@homecook Are you talking about the unlimited throttled data once you've exhausted your data bucket? If not, the 5G plans offer up to 250Mbps, which is 500x faster than the 512Kbps you noted. That is a maximum under ideal conditions though.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congestion is bad enough in this area when you're not being drastically deprioritized, honestly. Ping, jitter all over the place and really  inconsistent speed with good signal. I haven't hit the 512kbps throttle line but I can only imagine 

Need Help? Let's chat.