cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are PM advertising inaccuracies purposely calculated? (STILL offers $2 on Auto Pay.)

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Are PM advertising inaccuracies purposely calculated?

PM web programmers are obviously capable having made numerous updates and corrections to the PM web pages.  However, to this date they have not corrected the misleading plan benefits such as a $2 and 250 MB bonus if auto pay is chosen.  Over the past few months, I for one have reported these mistakes several times and other then apologies nothing has been done. I am not losing sleep over this but it is clear to me that I have been misled to switching to the new point system. And again, other than the apologies that acknowledges PM misleading plan features they further apologise that they are unable to reverse my plans back to the rewards system.

I have never before encountered a seller that has made an acknowledged advertising or price mistake and more or less told me  – that’s just too bad.

IN ADDITION:

(1)

Perhaps a reasonable course of action could be if all Oracles could jointly submit this complaint directly to PM.

Also isn’t there a cooling off period law? Accounts switched from the rewards to the point system should be able to switch back within a reasonable time frame. 

(2) 

What are the government regulatory bodies doing other than studies and wasting tax payers money?  Gas prices are soaring despite that the oil companies are making record profits. Food prices are continuously increasing despite record breaking food industry profits ( Loblaws shows 40% profit increases). @dust2dust

(3). 

By “free marketplace”, I simply mean that which matches the law. If the majority of persons want more or less freedoms , they will have to ask their government to pass laws to that effect.

(4) Ohhh wait a minute --what are we discussing here? -> isn't this a community forum setup to help others solve their mobile plan problems?

67 REPLIES 67

BEER

By “free marketplace”, I simply mean that which matches the law. If the majority of persons want more or  less freedoms , they will have to ask their government to pass laws to that effect.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

The competition bureau serves a vital part of the Canadian business/retail enviroment and in particular the telecommunications industry. If it wasnt for them we would be paying even higher prices for our mobile services. They ensure a fair marketplace and enforce our retail legislation. They imposed millions of dollars in fines against the big three for premium text message charges, aggressive and deceptive marketing, negative billing, fake customer testimonials etc....you pay taxes regardless. Don't you want your taxes to work for you?

If I'm understanding and reading things right, Rogers blinked and Quebecor picked up Freedom. I would think that also includes Shaw Mobile as that was really just Freedom anyway I seem to think.

So you don't like it when government regulators do their jobs? Or you would rather a free for all, do whatever you want, unregulated marketplace, consequences be danged? That is a school of thought. Someone wants to sell a widget. Turns out the widget kills people after that someone has sold some. Or is toxic. Or whatever. In that school of thought the market will crush that business. Is that what minimalists of government want? Or, would it be preferable to have government regulatory bodies directing that business to not kill people before they do because they already know the widget will kill and harm people and if they do there are consequences other than no longer being in business.

Those working citizens also work for those companies. If the marketplace was unregulated then they would also be slaves. It took government regulation to stop slavery. Sadly still going on in some places.

BEER

The Competition Bureau of Canada is currently fighting Rogers in court over the merger with Shaw on the grounds that it will result in a less competitive telecommunications marketplace and higher mobile plan prices for consumers.

Are they  just not wasting working citizens tax money?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

The less money public mobile/telus spends on fixing problems here the more renumeration telus can pay Darren Entwistle annually. When you consider he earned $19.82 million last year the same amount as 236 single parent families were given to live on per year in Alberta on welfare ($7002/year) then you can understand why nothing gets fixed at public mobile and 30% rate hikes are considered reasonable.

@BEER 

Do as I and put your mouth where your money is and file a complaint with the appropriate government agency. In this case the Competition Bureau of Canada currently fighting Rogers in court over the merger with Shaw on the grounds that it will result in a less competitive telecommunications marketplace and higher mobile plan prices for consumers. I am one of those customers and I am not happy about it.

it's all about profits... wether they're purposely making this service worse or not. that's the goal 

It makes no sense to intentionally irritate your potential customers. If you don't want them, don't let them sign up. I don't think it is asking too much of PM to ensure their website reflects reality.

I don't think they want a big customer base..  neither do I. less is more

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

I would think prepaid or not, knowingly misleading customers, intentionally or otherwise leaves them open to new customers asking for their money back and to cancel their service. The misleading advertising has been pointed out to them. How can PM in good conscience say no?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

In your tickets when a CSA apologizes, I am curious, did you happen to ask if it will be fixed soon @BEER ? I mean in regards to advertising the $2 off 30 days for new accounts.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BEER yea it's pretty sad, not sure if its intentional or just incompetence 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Seems to be the consensus for most ppl and unfortunately does not look like they will be correcting that or pulling it off the website 😕

BEER

Are PM advertising inaccuracies purposely calculated?

PM web programmers are obviously capable having made numerous updates and corrections to the PM web pages.  However, to this date they have not corrected the misleading plan benefits such as a $2 and 250 MB bonus if auto pay is chosen.  Over the past few months, I for one have reported these mistakes several times and other then apologies nothing has been done. I am not losing sleep over this but it is clear to me that I have been misled to switching to the new point system. And again, other than the apologies that acknowledges PM misleading plan features they further apologise that they are unable to reverse my plans back to the rewards system.

I have never before encountered a seller that has made an acknowledged advertising or price mistake and more or less told me  – that’s just too bad.

BEER

BEER

Moved:

not necessary to post the same message multiple times in reply to multiple people

BEER

BEER

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Happened to a few and suspect still happening to new accounts - PM should at the very least own up to it, correct it, apologize, and yes give a token small bonus. 

Hi @BEER I think no new post created.   But I sometimes find the subject line added funny if someone changed it.  Seem like something with this new Community

BEER

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

So we're back to this?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Upgraded-plan-to-15-and-it-STILL-offers-2...

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

BEER

HI Beer,   haha, I wish PM agent are like that too, able to freely give out $10 or so to resolve case

And I know credit card agents are the same.  if the amount is dispute is less than $75, they are free to just wipe if off to resolve the dispute.

BEER

HI Beer,  what kind of CS agent is that?  for Mobile provider, too?

I think people said PM CS Agent are just cheap labours elsewhere.  Someone said in Eastern Europe. But I am not sure if it is real

BEER

I'll just give up and let it go.

Need Help? Let's chat.