cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No US Service

BoatGuy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On Oct 16 is spoke with a CS_Agent who made sure my account (145$ for 3 months) have US/CAN service.   So here I am in the US with no access to text or phone.   The messages with CS_Agent aren’t coming up, even though they are in my email.   I love the service but not having an online chat or some kind of account support is a draw back,

10 REPLIES 10

BoatGuy

It connnects to the networks fine

hi @BoatGuy but  can you even connect to T-Mobile or AT&T?? you should be able to connect even if you don't have the addon (you just cannot access the  data)

if you cannot connect, it is other problems 

@BoatGuy 

you also can get one of the 15 Day US Roaming add-ons. That gives you 15 days to sort out your US-Can Plan with CSA's. Then request the CSA to credit your account for the Roaming add-on you had to purchase. The talk / text and 3GB of roaimg data is $30 for 15 days. If you just need talk / text that's down to $15 for 15 days.

BoatGuy

I have reached out to them.   If I dont here from them tomorrow I will just write off the rest of Dec and get a monthly US CAN plan.

@BoatGuy 

is it possible that the customer support agents made the change to be effective on your next renewal?

or did they certainly assure you it was in effect immediately?

You’ll definitely want to reach out to the customer support agents again to have them confirm.

BoatGuy

So it was a “special”.   It didn’t come up right when I ordered it despite most of us here being able to see it.   So a CS_agent got involved.  The assured me the change was made and yes I HAD CAN/US service.  With that said, I do not have service.   I should have checked at the the time, but this is the first trip tp the states.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@BoatGuy   Are you sure you have a Canada-US plan?  Just trying to figure out which one from the $145 for 3 months.  Are you able to access your account via wifi to check what you have?

BoatGuy

Yes.  It originally came up as AT&T,  I even forced it to T-Mobile.   The message I get is that I don’t have a US CAN add on.   Despite the CS_Agent assuring me the change was made.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BoatGuy 

to communicate with CSA, send a message to them using this link...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

watch the little envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond to you. As far as I'm aware, that's the only way Customer Support communicates with PM clients.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@BoatGuy 

did you turn your device roaming on and connect to the T-Mobile network?

also, if your device is not VoLTE enabled and cannot switch down to the 2G network, you won’t be able to call in the US since they decommissioned the 3G network

Need Help? Let's chat.