cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No US Roaming anymore (Pixel 6 Pro)

jack4614
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a plan including US Roaming and use it with a brand new Pixel 6 Pro.

I came to the US a few days ago. Nothing worked. No reception, no connection, no roaming. Nothing.

Contact support. The only answer: No 3G anymore, and I cannot use roaming anymore.

No solution was offered. No answers were given. I paid for years for this service to be disappointed when I need it. No information was sent. No info online other than some community posts.

I am super upset with PM. 

9 REPLIES 9

jack4614

I hear you... Let's see, if they announce volte soon.

jyb

I agree it is just sick. I have the same plan and PM is NOT being forthcoming about how or when or if they will fix the problem. If they would at least give a person a realistic ETA and then we can decide if we want to stick with them.  

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@jack4614 hi since you are on that old grandfathered plan from pre covid times,I would be asking public for some compensation,you shouldn't be paying for a service you are not getting,to receive

help of a service rep

There are two ways to contact a customer service agent , open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca

Or  private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jack4614

Only tells me, that Alaska is the worst 🙂

jack4614

You are right. It was a special deal, including US Roaming, unlimited talk and text and 2GB of data. Worked fine until a few months ago. Travel from the Yukon to Alaska all the time.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You must be on old grandfathered plan which included service in Canada and USA.

Due to USA shutting down 3G you might experience no service at all. Try to manually connect to AT&T or T-Mobile.

Can you post screenshot of what exactly your plan offers?

You can always complain to agent and ask why something you pay for does not work anymore. Let us know agent's reply.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am wondering if there something wrong with how the roaming agreements are provisioned after the 3G network being shut down.  It seems like too many customers are complaining about connectivity issues.  The connection should be automatic still.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@jack4614   Check this post by @darlicious, she has a very informative post on the situation and how to use roaming in US:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@jack4614   you can still use US roaming

For voice, T-Mobile still has its 2G network which PM roaming can use .  So, you can buy US roaming, and then select T-Mobile as the network, your phone will use it's 2G for voice and it's LTE for data

of course, you can also just buy data roaming and use VoIP all like Fongo or TextNow to make voice calls.  If you are using only Data roaming, you can choose either AT&T or T-Mobile when you are there

Need Help? Let's chat.