cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service in the US

Katievry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi There,

I have purchased a US roaming package. It is showing as active in my account. I am now in the US but I have no service. I have tried restarting my phone, manually selecting a cell carrier, nothing. Please help! I need my phone. 

9 REPLIES 9

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Katievry wrote:

Ah ha, Well, that is disappointing. It would be nice if they advertised that when you are buying add ons. Like, US romaing (except Alaska and Hawaii) or whatever. 

@Katievry I understand your frustrations.  Your experience is all to common here unfortunately.  Telus/PM really should do better... 

PM does in fact indicate that US roaming could be problematic but it does/did involve looking at their fine print which 99% never look at or know about...

Definitely request a credit at minimum for this!

USroaming.jpg

terms6.jpg

It would be. Marketing around here is rather inadequate. But I guess 1 rule of marketing is to not mention specific negatives.

Katievry

Ah ha, Well, that is disappointing. It would be nice if they advertised that when you are buying add ons. Like, US romaing (except Alaska and Hawaii) or whatever. 

Katievry

I got the talk/text/data add on. AT&T does not work. I have enabled data roaming. 

Ah. Alaska is particularly troubled for roaming. So nothing with AT&T? Verizon? I suspect you'll be asking for your money back.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Katievry which roaming option you got?  Talk? Text? Data?

Talk might be tricky, but Text and Data should be easy.  Make sure you device is enabled for Roaming Mobile Data

Try connect to T-Mobile first and see if anything works.    Your next choice is AT&T but AT&T could be harder to connect, and Talk likely won't work at all on AT&T

Katievry

T-mobile does not appear as an option where I am. I am in Juneau Alaska

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If it does not work with manually selecting t-mobile, you are out of luck. When you get back ask for refund...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Which cell carrier? Only 1 of them will give you talk. It should give you text and data as well. That's T-Mobile. I'd be interested to hear your findings with trying AT&T or Verizon. Which specific add-on did you get?

Need Help? Let's chat.