cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SIM

its-brianlee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Community!

I activated an account with PM today for the first time and several hours have passed where my phone days "No SIM". I have tried everything I can and my partners SIM card works just fine (they just signed on with PM today as well). Anyone know if I possibly have a malfunctioning SIM and what to do?

I also forgot to add my PROMO code (brain fart) and am wondering if I can still have this applied as I am a brand new customer.

Thanks for all your help!

6 REPLIES 6

its-brianlee

Hi @hycm53 

I checked and my SIM card is the same in my account as the back of the card. In addition, my phone is not blacklisted but to ensure I checked and was correct it is not. Thanks for your suggestions! I am awaiting a response from PM as it may be a faulty SIM.

@its-brianlee wrote:"I did and unfortunately it says "No SIM Card" as well :(. In addition my cc did get charged and yes I did port over a number from Virgin Mobile (and can no longer access my account as it says I cancelled my service)"

Login your self service account, and check your sim card number is same as your sim card number that is on sim card back.

Did you try put your partner's sim card in your phone? Make sure your phone is not in blacklist .

@its-brianlee wrote:

Hi @JK8,

I did and unfortunately it says "No SIM Card" as well :(. In addition my cc did get charged and yes I did port over a number from Virgin Mobile (and can no longer access my account as it says I cancelled my service)

I submitted a ticket and will await a response!

Thanks for your suggestions and help!  

Sounds like a provisioning problem that does happen which the agents can assist you with. As well, ask them about the promo code too.

its-brianlee

Hi @JK8,

I did and unfortunately it says "No SIM Card" as well :(. In addition my cc did get charged and yes I did port over a number from Virgin Mobile (and can no longer access my account as it says I cancelled my service)

I submitted a ticket and will await a response!

Thanks for your suggestions and help!  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@its-brianlee 

It sounds like there is a connection issue between the SIM and your phone.

Try reseating the SIM and reboot your phone by powering the phone off.

Also, swap the SIM on your partner's phone and see if it shows the same issue.

If it does, it could be a backend provisional issue.

Just contact a CS_Agent to look into it for you and also mention you forgot to enter the referral code.

If it works on your partner's, have to phone checked out.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@its-brianlee 

Did you try your sim in your partner’s phone? Did your cc get charged? Did you port over a number?

To contact an agent:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.