cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Mobile Data!! same question no solution!?!?!??!

kaan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello to all who are willing to offer help and others who are desperatley looking for a solution in this forum!!

I just switcched to Public Mobile with a plan that includes Voice, text and DATA.. I activated my plan; I receive calls and can make calls. BUT i do not have internet connection on my phone. Basically NO MOBILE DATA!  however when i put my sim card into my old phone (samsung) it works perfectly...  my new phone is ZTE AXON A1R and OS is ANDROID 6.0.1

I did numerous factory resets. reset the APN. but no luck!! dont ask me if the mobile data is on!! yes it is on.. airplane mode is off and my phone is active including data and I know my phone was working just fine with my previous service provider. So it is not my phone..  it is not the sim card.. it is that some unknown godly power up there until we figure this out!!! tahnk you very much for your responses in advance.. 

41 REPLIES 41

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Kvd

We've replied to your private message. Please check your inbox 🙂

Thank you

Syed

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kvd wrote:

I did this "Dial *3001#12345#* " and it show on my phone Errror performaing request unknow error.

APN field show: sp.mb.com.

No idea what or where "IPv4" is.

@Kvd please have a look here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323143/highlight...

CalgaryBen

@Kvd wrote:

I did this "Dial *3001#12345#* " and it show on my phone Errror performaing request unknow error.

Try the number again (did you type it exactly as shown including the astrisks (*))... sometimes it errors out on launching the Field Test app.

The APN from Settings is not the setting I'm referring to, as that's the one for tethering.  The one we're after is not visible through the regular UI.

Failing this, you can download a free app called System Status hw monitor lite.  Launch it and scroll to the bottom and report what it shows under "Cellular Information".

Kvd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

CalgaryBen

@Kvd wrote:

So, any other suggestions?

Let's go into Field Test mode, to see if you're getting an IP address.

Go to your phone dialer.  Dial *3001#12345#* and then press the green connect button.  Select PDP Context Info, then tap on 0.  What does the APN field show, and what do you see under IPv4?  Go back and check under 1 (probably will be blank in both cases).

You can exit out of this mode by pressing your home button.

This will give some guidance as to next steps...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kvd wrote:

I'm not an Apple guy.

@CalgaryBen??

Kvd

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kvd wrote:

My iOS 12.1.3.

I followed your the instruction, but it still not working.

I don't know if that a good idea to switch it to PM. I didn't know that it's so complicated.

Some people do have their own issues with any self-serve kind of service. Some people might not be too terribly technically inclined. That's why they go to the upper tier more expensive services. Stick with it. The help is here.

Kvd

My iOS 12.1.3.

I followed your the instruction, but it still not working.

I don't know if that a good idea to switch it to PM. I didn't know that it's so complicated.

CalgaryBen

@Kvd wrote:

I just switch from Rogers to PM.

No data on my iphone 7plus. Try everthing, nothing works.

Are you able to tell us what iOS and Carrier Profile you have (under Settings --> General --> About)?  You should at least have Public Mobile 35.0 (as of this writing) under Carrier.  If not, see if you can update this via Settings --> General --> Software Upate.

Next, make sure you're not using a configuration profile: Settings --> Cellular --> Cellular Data Network --> Reset Settings.

A reboot might be in order, but see where that gets you.  You may also want to download a free app called System Status hw monitor lite, which is useful for showing some info about your cellular data connection (if you install and launch this, scroll down to the bottom and report what you see).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kvd wrote:

Please help.

Thanks.

There's whole lotta everything in everything.

Did you get a plan that included data?

Is your data mode on?

Did you restart your phone?

Is your service Active?

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Did you verify the APN to the following? (if you can see it)

APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Kvd

Please help.

Thanks.

CalgaryBen

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

You could also use this, this option is usually for older iPhones though. I’m thinking this iPhone 7 is from Freedom. 

https://www.unlockit.co.nz/fw/

The unlockit site is excellent, but I generally only refer to it for iPhone 4S and earlier.  A working carrier profile on iPhone 5 and up should mitigate the need to push a network profile from unlockit!

For readers who are curious -- the Freedom network/configuration profile (which can be deleted by doing the setting reset step outlined previously, and is not to be confused with the carrier profile) is installed if you opt-into the "free WiFi" that Freedom Mobile offers, which leverages the Shaw Passpoint hotspots.  The config profie includes WiFi hotspot authentication credentials for Freedom subscribers.  It's sometimes a bit of a pain when migrating users off of Freedom because this profile gets in the way and may over-ride settings in the carrier profile...

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You could also use this, this option is usually for older iPhones though. I’m thinking this iPhone 7 is from Freedom. 

https://www.unlockit.co.nz/fw/

Rockdaddy22

Great advice above 🙂

One question, is the phone from freedom mobile? If so, we need to change the profile. 

srlawren

Thanks @CalgaryBen, that's exactly the type of guidance I was hoping one of you find gents would provide.  Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CalgaryBen

@Telwood wrote:

My daughter just switched over and is having the same issue. They said it’s something to do the with APN settings but I’ve had to bring her phone back into Walmart twice now for this issue. (I-phone 7) this is ridiculous. Is it even possible for the apn settings to revert back? It’s been set twice now. 

Generally you can't set the APN on the iPhone through the user interface (it's set by the carrier profile, and over-ridden through a configuration profile).

Make sure you're not using a configuration profile: Settings --> Cellular --> Cellular Data Network --> Reset Settings.

Then, make sure you have the latest iOS (check in Settings --> General --> About). As of this writing, you should have iOS Version 12.1, and the Carrier profile should be Public Mobile 33.0. If either of these is not up-to-date, your best bet is to update them (Settings --> General --> Software Upate).

srlawren

@Telwood wrote:

My daughter just switched over and is having the same issue. They said it’s something to do the with APN settings but I’ve had to bring her phone back into Walmart twice now for this issue. (I-phone 7) this is ridiculous. Is it even possible for the apn settings to revert back? It’s been set twice now. 

@Telwood as I'm not an iPhone expert, I'm going to tag a few to try to answer that question:  @CalgaryBen @Luddite @Rockdaddy22 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Telwood

srlawren

@kaan all good.  🙂  I'm just being pedantic (as usual). 😉

kaan

Sorry.. I know I should have shared the link properly instead of reposting the posting..

@srlawren wrote:

For reference, here is the post from @imcphers that @kaan pasted the content of above:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/ZTE-AXON-7-APN-Settings/m-p/114462/hi...

@kaan glad you got your solution!  For future reference, please feel free to just link rather than posting the contents of the post verbatim.

I just got too excited when I finally found the solution and wanted to share it right away.. had a brain freeze..

mimmo

@kaan glad you got it going.  Great having persistence. And to share solution as it helps others. 

As a side note this shows the importance of also asking the right questions and a note for the future to ask what the previous carrier was.  I know samsung freedom phones has similar data issues when moving over (I think some bands were deactivated)

srlawren

For reference, here is the post from @imcphers that @kaan pasted the content of above:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/ZTE-AXON-7-APN-Settings/m-p/114462/hi...

@kaan glad you got your solution!  For future reference, please feel free to just link rather than posting the contents of the post verbatim.

@kaan wrote:

@will13am

that particular field (MNVO) is automatically populated when trying to add a new APN profile.

It is set to 50 but apparently needs to be changed...

Okay.  The other option is to delete the information in the mvno fields.  Some phones seem to include it.  Personally I have not been able to figure out the need. 

kaan

@will13am

that particular field (MNVO) is automatically populated when trying to add a new APN profile.

It is set to 50 but apparently needs to be changed...

@kaan wrote:

@imcphers wrote:

Just setup an Axon 7 this evening.  Everything was read correctly from the PM SIM card except one field.

MNVO value was initially set to 50 and the LTE data would not connect.

Change MNVO to 4D4F and LTE started working right away.

This thread also highlights the importance of this field.....

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Mobile-Data-Not-Working-APN-seems-to-loo...

These fields are not required and can be left blank.  I can see how having the wrong information won't work.

kaan

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

FIXED the mobile data activation problem!!

Apparently, one of the users was dealing with the exact problem like I did..

He switched from Freedom Mobile to Public Mobile... it s weird and by no means i am  a tech savvy but i suspect it might have something to do with the transfer from Freedom mobile to Public Mobile..

I POSTED the Link to solution above for whom needs it in the future..

NewZQ
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sounds like a software bug from the operating system.

For a few people this work this you could give a shoot, turn airplane on, shut down your phone and wait for a minute. Turn on your phone and turn off the airplane mode and after 30 seconds, turn on your mobile data.

Question, when you activate mobile data, what does it says ? Does it switch from 3g to 4g ? 

When you try to call someone or recevie a call, it stays on 3g, or it switch from 4g to 3g ? 

Oh ok ignore this.

kaan

@imcphers wrote:

Just setup an Axon 7 this evening.  Everything was read correctly from the PM SIM card except one field.

MNVO value was initially set to 50 and the LTE data would not connect.

Change MNVO to 4D4F and LTE started working right away.

This thread also highlights the importance of this field.....

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Mobile-Data-Not-Working-APN-seems-to-loo...

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Screen shot your settings, and let us see what you inputted.  Might be something stupid you would not think of.  Something dumb I did was input this http://aliasredirect.com/proxy/mb/mmsc for mms settings.  Took me a while to troubleshoot that, it was actually http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

Need Help? Let's chat.