cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE from public mobile. Only 4g.

wtran88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not getting any LTE connection.

I switched my note 5 from Wind. At first I was only getting 3g. After going through the forums I encountered two methods to try and fix this;

1. change the sale code to TLS from GLW. this factory reset my phone and I started getting a 4g connection. Ive done speed tests and I'm indeed only at 4g connection. I've also tried changing the 'CSC' to KDO for koodo. Nothing. 

2. Ive set up my APN to what the many claim I should have. 

Please help. My Note 5 is model number SM-N920W8. Everywhere I've read says this phone supports all telus connections including LTE. 

UPDATE: Changing the CSC to KDO seems to give me LTE. SOLVED

2 REPLIES 2

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@wtran88 glad you were able to achieve the speeds you wanted. My apologies, but I mistunderstood your post, thinking you were not sure about the different "speeds". 3G vs LTE vs 4G, and you were wanting to see a 4G on your phone.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I don't know that many people here seen a 4G on their phones unless they were in certain areas of certain cities. Someone in the Vancouver area mentioned there was a neighbourhood where they acheived the faster connection. For the most part, LTE is what you're going to see on your phone provided you're in an urban centre, and 3G if you venture into rural areas.

LTE (often labelled 4G for marketing purposes) stands for Long Term Evolution and is a form of cellular wireless connection that represents a significant upgrade to 3G in terms of data speeds. The technical definition of 'true' 4G is that it should have data speeds capable of reaching 100Mbp/s while on moving transport and 1Gbp/s when stationary.

Technically, LTE is 4G, but my understanding is 4G is like LTE Advanced (one step higher). LTE Advanced > LTE > 3G

http://www.telus.com/en/on/mobility/network/

Need Help? Let's chat.