cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to public mobile and Canada

nzonuz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am new to Canada and trying to get my bank account stablished then apply for a credit card. 

I need a phone number to do all of the above.

To get my public mobile sim card activated  I need a Canadian credit card. 

This is an impossible  to solve an equation. 

Please help me!

Note I already have my sim card in my phone and trying desperately  to activate it. 

6 REPLIES 6

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nzonuz  Don't worry about the credit card.    Public Mobile accepts payment voucher for activation as well

Go to Shoppers Drug Mart or Shell to get a payment voucher (these 2 places are good for vouchers as their voucher can be used immediately.  Voucher from some other stores might need to wait 24 hours).    Then in Step 4 of the Activation, click Pay with Voucher to activate.  That is your best and easier choice at the moment:

E-Activation-Step4_Codes

I was just looking at the activation page and I showed using a voucher. You can buy them locally for cash. That should get you going. Once you get a a credit card or debit card....then set it up for autopay and receive the bonus data. Will post pic in a minute. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 3.42.23 PM.png

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@nzonuz 

You could also try the website recharge.com to purchase a payment voucher online.  There is a service fee applied.  

You can purchase various payment vouchers in store at different stores, include gas stations, Walmart, Superstore,  London Drugs, etc.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-in-retail

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nzonuz 

Welcome to Canada and PM! Eh

You will need to open a bank account in your area and as noted by @HALIMACS & @Meow to get a debit card to make payment on PM.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

To get a credit card for newcomer is kind of complicated as you have no credit history here.

Unless you can deposit millions into bank and guarantee you will pay CC charges...

Opening bank account I believe you can get visa debit card, at least my bank's convenience card says 'visa debit' at the bottom.

But I guess the most accurate answer will be provided by agent.

Send a private message to the CSA by clicking https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Be ready to provide account information to CSA to confirm your identity.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@nzonuz 

WELCOME to Canada and Public Mobile!!!

You could take your phone and Public Mobile SIM card to an authorized dealer and possibly purchase Public Mobile payment vouchers to activate the service.  (i'm not entirely certain if the aforementioned option is a workable solution, if not see below)

The other option is to use a Visa debit card upon which to Activate the service.   Public Mobile takes Canadian credit cards PLUS Visa debit cards, which you may be able to obtain more easily than a credit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.