cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Public Mobile

stuive
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have the public mobile app on my Galaxy phone .  When I go to the app the amount of data used always stays the same, yet the line underit letting me know when my month is finished updates all the time.  have tried clearing the app cache etc but can not get data used to update. is there a fix for this please.  thanks

9 REPLIES 9

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

PM is not a wrapper app. The only thing it uses the browser is the EverSafe login 

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@will13am wrote:

Correct.  A lot of apps are just wrappers, so this is not a Public Mobile patent pending.  What smartphone does not come with a browser?  

What IF somebody does not care for internet and removes browser? Half of app will stop working?????

@stuive wrote:

no never said that at all the app works fine but the usage indicator is not updating so hard to tell what i have used in a month.  I think I will uninstall the app and reinstall and see if that fixes it.  thanks

Let us know if that helps in your case....then we'll have some answers if someone else has similar issue. Good luck.

stuive

no never said that at all the app works fine but the usage indicator is not updating so hard to tell what i have used in a month.  I think I will uninstall the app and reinstall and see if that fixes it.  thanks

@Meow wrote:

@will13am wrote:

The app is just a wrapper for the default browser which does a lot of the heavy lifting.  

Interesting...

You are saying if there is NO internet browser installed on a phone, PM app will not work?

Correct.  A lot of apps are just wrappers, so this is not a Public Mobile patent pending.  What smartphone does not come with a browser?  

stuive

Yes for example it says says I have used 0.05 of my 40 GB last updated Aug 13th  I have been all over using data.

@will13am wrote:

The app is just a wrapper for the default browser which does a lot of the heavy lifting.  

Interesting...

You are saying if there is NO internet browser installed on a phone, PM app will not work?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@stuive , usually clearing app cache will fix the problem.  You can try a progressively large hammer.  Try clearing app data and if necessary, reinstalling the app.  Also try clearing the default browser app cache and data.  The app is just a wrapper for the default browser which does a lot of the heavy lifting.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@stuive 

you sure you're using data and not on wifi...right ?

Need Help? Let's chat.