cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New telephone, same number

Diisupset
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have just purchased a new mobile and everything transferred lovely.  But it is not verifying my number in messages and FaceTime.  I’m have tried and tried and can’t figure it out.  I have placed a “trick” and wasn’t available when they answered.  Do I put it in again?  This is getting very discouraging g and I’m wondering if I made a mistake going with Public?0

10 REPLIES 10

Diisupset

I did have the same problem with FaceTime.  It’s fixed now as customer support refreshed it.

@Diisupset 

Not sure if you are having the same issue with FaceTime.  Maybe log out of FaceTime and log back in.  Or remove the phone number associated with face time, and then re-enter. 

Diisupset

I do have the old phone but it is set up for my husband with a new number. I didn’t want to take out the sim for fear of screwing up more. The support person did do a refresh. I am now getting texts and able to send them. But I’m still getting the message that it’s verifying as it is with FaceTime. So I don’t know what’s going on but I am getting texts. 

hi @Diisupset

but are you getting regular sms on this new phone??

you still have the old phone?? if you out the sim card back, iMessage works??

Diisupset

I’ve done all that several times and it just is t working,  I did send a direct message amd got a response but it’s so confusing,  the Agent isn’t answering in a reasonable time and I’ve answered the questions he’s asked.  I’m ready to give up.  I’m reasonably tech savvy but this is ridiculous!

hi @Diisupset test with a friend and ask him to send you regular text, just sms not iMessage, and see if you can receive it

and you might also want to ask support agent to refresh you account on the system 

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437   

Diisupset

I’m not able to.  The number was there and I clicked on it and then it just says “verifying (for 3 days now.)

Diisupset

Yes it did. I contacted Apple And all was well on their part. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Diisupset 

Did your number show up on your Apple ID account on your phone?

If not, try rebooting your phone.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Diisupset update iOS and carrier profile 

then go to the settings of iMessage and delete the phone number. Then reboot phone. Go back to settings of iMessage and add the number back

Need Help? Let's chat.