cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New targeted offer for some current clients!

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Just received this new offer by text, I have until April 29th to accept it (by replying "*****" to the text?) if I want it... Anybody else got it?

$35/month for unlimited talk+text, and 2.5+0.5 autopay = 3gb data.

Seems like a legit text, as it knows my renewal date, and I already received a text from PM from that number last July...

148 REPLIES 148

rdbarnier103
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I forgot the email and password i used to set up my account and i want to pay my bill with a voucher.

I tried 611 as i used to, but nothing happened.

I would like to try paying online with a voucher

Here is my number 4*6

@darlicious 

Since Nov/Dec $20 per new Referal bonus AND me going down to the $15 plan over winter, my credit keeps growing. I would have been stepping up to $25 by now (renewed last night) and potentially then grabbing the $35/3Gb deal for at least the following month before getting to $40/5Gb through the summer at the cabin. But things change and we're stuck at home unable to go to WA state. Getting everything lined up to pay the first of two $1250 US property tax instalments for the year on April 30 for a place we can't even use now. At least the electricity bill will be a little lower than normal.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mimi1201 wrote:

Is it wiser to accept the 35 for 3GB offer now, and then If I were to not need it, go back to the 25 for 1GB plan? It says in the text that  "Note: you won't be able to revert back to your old plan if it's no longer current." I guess we'll always have the chance to go back to our original plan if need be, right?

That's just a disclaimer saying that your old plan may not be available if you wish to not have the new plan anymore. So no...you won't "always". Your old plan _might_ be dropped. One never knows.

Mimi1201
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it wiser to accept the 35 for 3GB offer now, and then If I were to not need it, go back to the 25 for 1GB plan? It says in the text that  "Note: you won't be able to revert back to your old plan if it's no longer current." I guess we'll always have the chance to go back to our original plan if need be, right?

@AE_Collector 

In theory a claw back could occur but once converted at renewal into your account balance those rewards turn into a "cash" credit albeit a non refundable one just like putting a big top up into your account. Once there as a credit its indistinguishable from actual topped up funds. The worry would be only the rewards equal to your plan being applied and the rest zeroing out...disappearing like my first community reward. So the ability to do that does exist  because of the rule ....you can only recieve one community reward per calendar month. My new one usurped my old one and pretty much disappeared without a trace.

I purchased extra data add ons this month for this very reason...i might as well spend it now....where else am I going to spend it? Unless I upgrade the plan or quit the community I'll just be building credit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector 

I wouldn't want to give them ideas that they haven't already thought of.

That would get very messy though. Because many things DO pile up there without wording that they can't add up to more than your next renewal such as referral New Customer Referal Bonus rewards. And Community Rewards would seem iffy to lose if you got $10 but lost most of it because other rewards left you only needing $2 to cover your upcoming renewal. But referrals and possibly loyalty rewards could possibly be clawed back if you don't stay on a high enough plan to use them up. They would need to split the Available Funds into two or more categories in order to ensure use of the expiring funds before tapping the non expiring funds. 

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

Yes that is how it works. Though they don't mail a refund, it piles up in your account to be used in the future and if you don't use it you would lose it if you leave PM. 

AE_Collector

Although the piling up is unofficial. It could change at any time without warning.

Agree.  Past performance will not guarantee of future results. YMMV

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

Yes that is how it works. Though they don't mail a refund, it piles up in your account to be used in the future and if you don't use it you would lose it if you leave PM. 

AE_Collector

Although the piling up is unofficial. It could change at any time without warning.

AE_Collector

RM4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow! I'm trying to figure out the money math on your account status screen.  $15 plan - $2 autopay - $15 community - $1 refer a friend = Does public pay you $3 this month?  That's just amazing!

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Pawprints1986 Yes we will still see changes overtime but that deal was one step to achieving those changes. That was not a special deal. I could call them and say I'm new and they would offer it to me. She's only been with rogers for 8 months. before she was with bell. Public mobiles data data plan is still cheaper.

Pawprints1986

But I thought they had 2 years to implement the changes? So I was thinking we would still see some change over time... 

BearFBI

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

I wonder if the big 3 will also lower their 1 gig plans? They can't very well offer 1 gig for 45 and then 2 gig for 35... at least this being of koodo and Fido will have to also follow suit

Or 

If the big 3 have 35 plans, will the 2nd teirs have a 20 1g plan ? 

Just wonder what we'll see in the future with those mandatory price lowering trends. Hmm.... 🤔🤔

@Pawprints1986 This pricing has already taken place. Before one of my family member left Rogers they offered her a 45$ plan with 4GB. Its no loyalty plan everyone on rogers got it. Public mobile is still better. This pricing has already taken place for existing customers new or old. They dont show it on their front page. Within a year they might.

@AE_Collector  Yes I wasnt quite getting what @drewber83  was saying....theres always wishful thinking. Ive been told that about getting public mobile to offer a 2gb or 3gb data plan.....and the proof is in the pudding. I think there's quite a few public mobile customers that think the pudding is delicious!

@AE_Collector wrote:

@darlicious 

Drewber83 is on the $25 plan, received the offer which is worded something like "add 2Gb data for $10", so is wondering if now having received the offer can quickly switch down to the $15 plan and add 2Gb to it for 2.25 GB / $25 total. 

I clarified my post if it was needed... https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/New-targeted-offer-for-some-current-cli...

In French at least the text I received doesn't say anything close to "add 2Gb data for $10".

@darlicious 

Drewber83 is on the $25 plan, received the offer which is worded something like "add 2Gb data for $10", so is wondering if now having received the offer can quickly switch down to the $15 plan and add 2Gb to it for 2.25 GB / $25 total. 

Who knows but it sounds as though you accept the offer, receive a pin code that then let's you accept the $35 / 3Gb plan. So I'm going to come to the conclusion that this WILL NOT WORK.

AE_Collector

@lonnasheen You need to enable data on your phone for it to work when out of range of your Wi-Fi. Also log into your self service account to make sure that you have data. It should look like the screenshot below 

20200409_173146.jpg

Stay safe.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lonnasheen wrote:

Trying to find the email to send to public email for help.

fpr some reason my data is not working when out of range?

why?

"When out of range"? When out of range you should have no talk, no text, no data. No service. What are you asking?

lonnasheen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to find the email to send to public email for help.

fpr some reason my data is not working when out of range?

why?

@drewber83 

if you are already on the $25 plan do you not fulfill the other conditions? Have you been a customer for 45 days? Account in good standing? On autopay?

A moderator reported it only available as an upgrade to the $25 plan. Someone got the offer on the $15 plan likely because they had just changed from $25 to $15 and was told they could switch back to $25 and then do the upgrade to $35/3Gb.

So , I think the answer is NO.

AE_Collector

BearFBI

@drewber83 The offer is only available for 25$ plans. That wouldn't work 

drewber83
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Does anyone know if I were to downgrade to the $15 plan from the $25 plan would I then be eligible for the 2GB bonus for $10 offer? 

Interesting to see this offer.

Lots of things seem fairly obvious to me including that it is only those on the $25 plan being targeted.

Also, they may not send out what.... 50,000 or more texts all at once, they could easily be staggered over several days if for no other reason than to not overwhelm the systems that make the changes. Was only a few months back that some promo offer overwhelmed some of the systems.

Why isn't it just added to the Homepage? The same reason they have long avoided obvious changes to the existing $35 plan. Once you offer something new the competition immediately follows and/or tries to one up them. There is a good reason to not do something to lower revenue in a segment of the maket. But, offer the $35 plan by invitation to those who would then pay a bit more per month than they are currently paying without making it a new advertised offer for everyone increases revenue instead of decreasing it.

And Yes there is always someone who can pull some other plan out as an example of why this new offering is just "Meh". I can assure you that this plan is perfect for some members here, it may be just what they wanted even though it "isn't for you". 

AE_Collector

Pawprints1986

I wonder if the big 3 will also lower their 1 gig plans? They can't very well offer 1 gig for 45 and then 2 gig for 35... at least this being of koodo and Fido will have to also follow suit

Or 

If the big 3 have 35 plans, will the 2nd teirs have a 20 1g plan ? 

Just wonder what we'll see in the future with those mandatory price lowering trends. Hmm.... 🤔🤔

@darlicious Within 2 years as mandated by the CTRC, Bell, Rogers and Telus will have $35, $40, and $45,  2, 4 and 6 gigabyte postpaid plans respectively, with at mimimum 4g LTE speed, Volte and WiFi calling. Their plans will have to be even cheaper if smaller companies such as TextNow and Fongo are allowed in (this may be fantasy thinking on my part). How many people will jump ship for the faster data, at comparable prices. How many will come over then, even with the rewards? The only possible answer is for PM to either cut prices or offer more for the same price points.

I don't have to send it into chapter 11. It's being done for me. If we look at the "big 3" and even Shaw the one most vulnerable to industry shock, and likely to fail is Telus. Since its the only one without diversified revenue streams.   

I really don't like to get into these discussions. They are really a waste of time and counterproductive.  I tend to take a lot of flack here and ignore it. But I couldn't help myself this time. Thanks. Time will prove one of us right, and I got to say, really hope it isn't me. I like the underdog. FYI its Accounting and Finance.

Stay safe.

Nanqui
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CS_Agent 

Thank you for clarifying the information!

@darlicious wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@Nanqui , @Someone_here are both of you located in Quebec? Thanks. 

I think That this would be a better lineup  the current $15 plan, drops to $10, the current $25 plan drops to $20 and the $35 drops to $30 with 2 gig + 500 megs if on autopay. The $40  and $50 plan stays the same. You would probably find that the revenue stream based on current usage may increase. I would venture that more than 1/2 of the users in each bracket will switch up rather than down for $5 more.

@gblackma 

Theres wishful thinking and fantasyland....and this clearly the latter. If public mobile is not going to bring back the $10 50/50 they are hardly going to offer fhe $15 plan for that price. Public mobile offers you a way if achieving the plan you want at a price you want to pay for it. REWARDS get out there (not physically obviously) and start selling public mobile to get some referrals to lower your bill to the amount you want to pay for your plan.

I would venture if public mobile did this they would lose a minimum of $500,000.00 in the first month alone. Why would customers upgrade their plan that fits their needs if it went down in price? I already don't come close to using the data in my plan ( day 20 - 132mb/5gb) so why would i take the trouble to go change my plan for more data just to pay the same price?

No offense but I dont think your major in school was business nor a minor in marketing. We all want a cheap plan but we dont want to put public mobile into recievership just to achieve it.

I tried to smash the bravo button 1000 times.  Nothing happened.  ☹️

@gblackma wrote:

@Nanqui , @Someone_here are both of you located in Quebec? Thanks. 

I think That this would be a better lineup  the current $15 plan, drops to $10, the current $25 plan drops to $20 and the $35 drops to $30 with 2 gig + 500 megs if on autopay. The $40  and $50 plan stays the same. You would probably find that the revenue stream based on current usage may increase. I would venture that more than 1/2 of the users in each bracket will switch up rather than down for $5 more.

@gblackma 

Theres wishful thinking and fantasyland....and this clearly the latter. If public mobile is not going to bring back the $10 50/50 they are hardly going to offer fhe $15 plan for that price. Public mobile offers you a way of achieving the plan you want at a price you want to pay for it. REWARDS get out there (not physically obviously) and start selling public mobile to get some referrals to lower your bill to the amount you want to pay for your plan.

I would venture if public mobile did this they would lose a minimum of $500,000.00 in the first month alone. Why would customers upgrade their plan that fits their needs if it went down in price? I already don't come close to using the data in my plan ( day 20 - 132mb/5gb) so why would i take the trouble to go change my plan for more data just to pay the same price?

No offense but I dont think your major in school was business nor a minor in marketing. We all want a cheap plan but we dont want to put public mobile into recievership just to achieve it.

Need Help? Let's chat.