cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New rewards

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Since new points program came,I stay in PM for 3years,I would like stay in Old rewards program ,I want asked anyone who stay in PM for 3 years ,are you stay in old rewards program or change to new points program?thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Jackhyf63 

It is beneficial if you are on the $40+ plan or use a lot of add-ons.

I disagree.  I experimented with the points calculation tool spreadsheet that Public Mobile provided, and customers are much better off with the old rewards program regardless of the price of the base plan, all the way up to the most expensive $70 plan. The loss of the old loyalty rewards means that there is not much reason for any existing customer on the old program to switch the new points program.  The provided spreadsheet fails to show what happens after 2 years when it becomes obvious that the customer is worse off switching.  Getting more points value than the old rewards usually only happens for the short term in the rare cases that it does happen.  There are ways to get more in points than the old rewards if the customers spends a lot on add-ons, but those customers who do that would be much better off with better suited plan from either Koodo or Telus.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Jackhyf63   I am staying.  I think most of us are staying

The biggest difference is the Loyalty reward.  You have been here for 3 years, so, you should be getting $2 or $3 per month now, a saving for $24 or $36.  In the new system, they don't care how long you are here, you will only get $10/year

5 years loyalty = $60 a year

$2 autopay

All rewards go to your balance...PM takes payment from balance first. 

Is much easier. One step.

Is fantastic for $15 plan 

@AE_Collector   Yup, one person confirmed he switched over by mistake on the first week.  He opened a ticket with PM and confirmed they won't switch him back (even though at the moment when he wants to switch back , the account was not migrated yet, it takes couple days to migrate )

Did any of the people who switched and then realized they had messed up ever report back as to whether they were able to undo the mistake? I highly doubt there is any going back but am not 100% certain. 

AE_Collector

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jackhyf63   I am staying.  I think most of us are staying

The biggest difference is the Loyalty reward.  You have been here for 3 years, so, you should be getting $2 or $3 per month now, a saving for $24 or $36.  In the new system, they don't care how long you are here, you will only get $10/year

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I have 2 account 2 years old. 

I have 1 account less than a year old. 

I will I’ll stay with old rewards. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jackhyf63 

It is beneficial if you are on the $40+ plan or use a lot of add-ons.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jackhyf63 

There is a slight advantage of the 5% back in points if your plan is $40 per month otherwise the loss in loyalty rewards over your first 6 years is $85 in lost reward $$. ($95 in points value vs $180 in rewards every 5 years hence the loss is much higher $50 in points value vs $300 in loyalty rewards).

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jackhyf63 

Most existing customers will stay with the old rewards system. It just makes more financial sense. 

The biggest difference:

1. No autopay reward in new system.  Replaced with 5% back on purchases in points.

2. Loyalty reward is capped to only to $10/year.  Old system if you stay with public mobile for 5 years, is $60/year.  In your case, with three years, $36/year. 

Point system does offer discount on purchases of add ons via using  your points. 

However, for most existing customers, it makes more sense staying with old reward system.  

Need Help? Let's chat.