cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New port not receiving incoming calls

BillM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just ported my number from freedom mobile. It’s been more than 12 hours. I can make calls and send and receive texts but I can’t receive incoming calls.

im pretty sure now that I inputted my freedom account # incorrectly. Is there a way to rectify this???

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BillM 

If your phone is showing your Freedom number, PM had done its part to port your number.  It is up to Freedom to release your number now.

Is your Freedom SIM card still working?

If yes, continue to use your Freedom SIM until it stops working.  Then, your number is ported to PM.

After 12 hours, you should send a private message to moderator to check on your port.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @BillM,

I've sent you a private message, please view it!

Thanks,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@geopublic wrote:

@BillM wrote:

I just ported my number from freedom mobile. It’s been more than 12 hours. I can make calls and send and receive texts but I can’t receive incoming calls.

im pretty sure now that I inputted my freedom account # incorrectly. Is there a way to rectify this???

Yes, you need to contact the Moderator Team The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox. 

@BillMI forgot to mention while you are waiting for the moderator to respond as a workaround you can continue to use your Freedom SIM card to make/receive calls until your port problem is resolved. As soon as your Freedom SIM stops it means that the port was completed and you can start using your Public Mobile SIM.Smiley Happy

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

f you're able to use text and to make calls, you entered everything correctly and you're number's been ported. Best thing to do is contact a mod: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@BillM wrote:

A dlay after a port is ok ...but after 12 hours you would need to contact the moderator for help..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them details of your problem. They will help you. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BillM wrote:

Yes, you need to contact the Moderator Team The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox. 

Need Help? Let's chat.