Cbgirl1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Any suggestions on a small android? 

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cbgirl1 wrote:

@Cbgirl1 the article from @Triguy has some good suggestions, particularly the Pixel 4a. (Google no longer sells the 5 with the introduction of the 6 and 6 Pro a month ago today--though these new phones are much larger.)

If you're looking for something more like a flagship and have a generous budget, you might want to check out the Asus Zenfone 8.  Specs and Review, courtesy of GSMArena for one perspective at least.  It's compact and features a Snapdragon 888 (current flagship chip in the mainstream Android universe) and available in generous RAM and storage sizes.  Asus used to use a heavy skin over Android and be saddled with bloatware but their newer devices are close to stock Android with minimal bloat.  Downsides include a lack of wireless charging if that's important to you, and a relatively small 4,000mAh battery.  Oh, and price.  I was hunting for one of these on amazon.ca recently and unfortunately they do cost a small fortune.

You may also want to look at the Sony Xperia 5 iii (this year's version) or Xperia 5 ii (last year's) as high-end options: https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10396&idPhone2=10851.  They are a bit bigger than the Zenfone 8 but offer good specs and longer battery life.  They are also not cheap mind you.

Actually here's all 3 compared side by side for specs:

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10396&idPhone2=10851&idPhone3=10893

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cbgirl1 

take advantage of a 1-year warranty.Plus, if you're not happy in the first 30 days, return it for a refund.
and Save more this Black Friday with a $30 bill credit when you purchase. between November 16-30th, and you’ll receive a $30 bill credit.....

Purchase Phone (publicmobile.ca)..

Good Luck..

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Cbgirl1 wrote:

Ask @darlicious 

She is usually on top of good deals. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Cbgirl1 wrote:

Samsung A32 for $294. Boxing Day discount.  You can get it in most retails this weekend or on Samsung.ca

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Cbgirl1 

I personally like the R2-D2 'Droid'. 

Small and compact with a touch of humour and attitude.

🤣🤣🤣

That is a true Droid.. but it is not small.. 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Cbgirl1 

I personally like the R2-D2 'Droid'. 

Small and compact with a touch of humour and attitude.

🤣🤣🤣

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Cbgirl1 wrote:

@Cbgirl1 

It all depends on the price you want to pay and the features you're looking for.

From PM :

Phone Section (publicmobile.ca)

You may of course look at other places like Amazon.That' where I bought mine (an LG for $90).

Need Help? Let's chat.