cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone doesn't connect to Public Mobile

Gypsy-Rose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need help trying to get my new phone to work with Public Mobile. I put the sim card in and followed directions and it won't connect to Public Mobile. My son checked it and he said it's not locked to another network. So far this phone is totally useless as a phone. Is it not possible to actually talk to anyone from Public Mobile? 

7 REPLIES 7

@Gypsy-Rose wrote:

I checked to see if the Samsung S9 phone is blacklisted do they usually charge $3.99 for this service? 

devicecheck.ca is free for end users.

Gypsy-Rose

I checked to see if the Samsung S9 phone is blacklisted do they usually charge $3.99 for this service? 

Gypsy-Rose

I logged in and it's active and I tried the sim card in my daughters phone and it works. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Gypsy-Rose - when you log into My Account, is your account status Active? Or when you call 611 (or # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device) what does the status say? 

If status is Active, then you need to rule out if this is a device issue by trying another compatible phone. Can your son put your SIM card into his phone and check if services work?

If services still do not work, and your account is active, did you recently activate with public mobile? Perhaps check with customer support (CS_Agent) to make sure the account is set up properly upon activation.

We are all customers like you here on the forum. Have you searched the get help articles for customer support, or noticed that chat bubble at the bottom right of the screen? That is how you reach customer support with Public Mobile, through messaging.

OR, go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

But please let us know if the other troubleshooting is helpful or not prior to going to support.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Gypsy-Rose 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Gypsy-Rose 

Maybe you should double check to see if the phone is Blacklisted (reported stolen or lost) and to see whether it is locked by another carrier other than Telus or Koodo.

Open the phone app and dial *#06# to get the IMEI number and enter it:

https://www.imei.info/carriers/canada/ 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Make and model of phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.