cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New international plan available...

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's not quite a Canada-U.S.-Mexico that I was hoping for but it looks like they are mixing things up by adding 1000 long distance minutes to a small select list of countries. It looks like a lot of the plans have gone down in speed to 4G. Overall, nothing exciting but maybe there will be better options around Labour Day?

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 10.21.25 AM.png

10 REPLIES 10

For  sure. How many times do we see customers purchase the incorrect add-ons only to realize afterwards 🤔 .

@slusagm wrote:

International, I thought PM added roaming countries.  LoL

That's exactly what customers are going to think (and rightly so).  Public Mobile set the precedent with Canada-US plans by advertising US-wide and US-wide data to mean that it includes roaming.  So, now they're advertising long distannce that doesn't include roaming.  I"m aware that this is all going to be explained in the fine print, but customers should be able to knwo what they're getting at first glance.  This is mixed messaging and will cause mass confusion.  On another note, this is yet another defiintion of "international long distance" that includes yet another different set of countries that can be called.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm also noticing that at this moment there are no "unlimited at reduced speeds" data plans on offer, so the $34 unlimited data for Canada only on 5G has gone up to $35, been reduced to 4G speed and no longer has the unlimited data perk 

@slusagm  I’ve always found first week sept and Black Friday / Boxing Day have best value plans from all carriers . I’m holding out hope 🤞 

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

don't hold your  hope high, PM never have good Back to school deals

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@eddieO  Thanks for sharing , hoping we see some even more exciting plans come first of sept for back to school 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Adding international long distance minutes is a compelling offer for those who have a need to call family overseas.  The continued attempts to monetize data speed is weak sauce.  

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Not sure this will last here in the "Support" section. I'm sure this will be moved to the Lounge. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @eddieO 

thanks for posting.  Yes, I see them in my account too. So, it is available for everyone

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

International, I thought PM added roaming countries.  LoL

But thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.