cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPhone 15 Transfer Service

userL91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent 

I have a new iPhone 15 so I need to transfer my Public Mobile service from my old device (iPhone 12 Pro) which has a Public Mobile eSim.

I have followed the instructions here:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/esim-faqs

"If you're switching devices, a new eSIM will be required for the new phone. You can purchase a new eSIM and install it on the new device using the Public Mobile app."

My new phone (iPhone 15) has the new eSim installed but i'm not able to update the eSim on my profile under Account-> Profile -> Change Sim Number (error is Sim not valid?).

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@userL91 

three is no need to update it on the Profile page, it should have been done automatically

Now, you just need to make sure it works on your phone

is the eSIM showing active? make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

userL91

Yes I've tried both. Either time it won't let me update it to the new eSim (Sorry, the SIM you entered is not valid). Even though it is installed on the new device.

userL91

I've already bought one and it's present on the new device.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@userL91 

For eSIM with new phone, you have to re-buy a new one for $5. 
Yes,  while eSIM is "cool", there are disadvantages as well.  For eSIM, if you have a new phone, or if you ever wipe your phone, you will have to re-buy a new eSIM again.   There is no such problem with Physical sim card.

To rebuy new eSIM, First, download the app on your new phone, click   or    at the bottom left to bring up the menu and go to Subscription & Add-on page, scroll down to the bottom and click Shop SIM Card Now.  You can buy and install eSIM from there

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@userL91 

have you tried doing this on the Public Mobile app and have you registered Eversafe yet?

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to the Customer Support Agents by clicking here 

You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.