cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer 404

Jbow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just tried to activate my SIM card I made it to the end and got error 404.  The account is not showing online (waited an hour to be sure), however my visa was billed as if it went through properly... of course.

12 REPLIES 12

@Staliger wrote:

@Jbow wrote:

Just tried to activate my SIM card I made it to the end and got error 404.  The account is not showing online (waited an hour to be sure), however my visa was billed as if it went through properly... of course.

Also, if you live/work/walk by any of PM store, a seller there can help you with the issue.

The staff at these locations are not there to provide support for Public Mobile customers.

@Jbow  They are already at work so hopefully you will hear from one this morning. I've had some good responses this week but few customers have had much slower ones. So it's a bit of a crapshoot this week. But generally a few hours...just regularly check for a message and once you can respond you will know they are working on it.

Jbow

I did try again but they wouldn't accept my SIM card number.  So I guess i have to wait for a moderator.  Anyone know how long they usually take to respond.  I needed phone service for tomorrow. 

@JbowIf there are no other signs you have created an account as been suggested you can call your c/c company and give them a heads up. You can tell them what has happened so they only approve one charge. Then try to activate again. If the system doesn't accept the SIM cards number then you do have an incomplete account and you'll need a moderator. If it accepts your SIM card then go forward and start a new activation. Make sure you clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode and choose chrome or Firefox. This should prevent any errors from occurring.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Jbow wrote:

Also, if you live/work/walk by any of PM store, a seller there can help you with the issue.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jbow wrote:

No i didn't get a welcome email.  It doesn't appear to be activated, when I try logging in with my username & password that I chose.  However they did bill me.  That's the part I don't understand and i don't really want to go through the activation again in case it bills me again...

The PM charge is pending at the moment.  PM may not actually going ahead to get money from your cc.  You can wait for a week to determine whether the pending transaction goes away or not.

If you want to do the activation again now, you can ask moderator to credit you if PM did take 2x of you plan cost from you.  The credit will be used for your second 30 days payment.  It is your decision whether to do it now or try it in a week.  But if you current plan will be renewing in a few days, you may want to try again now as your current plan must be active before you can port it to PM.

Jbow

No i didn't get a welcome email.  It doesn't appear to be activated, when I try logging in with my username & password that I chose.  However they did bill me.  That's the part I don't understand and i don't really want to go through the activation again in case it bills me again...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jbow 

In addition to check whether your PM SIM card is working or not,  PM will send you a welcome email after activation. 

Did you get the welcome email from PM?

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Best to contact a moderator by clicking ?, bottom right, and follow instructions to submit a ticket.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jbow wrote:

@Jbow  Click here to register your selfserve account. Also, insert your PM sim card into your device.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

When you say the account is not showing online, you mean you can't log in to your self-serve?

What happens if you try to create the self-serve account with the email address the phone number you chose?

Is your cell working? 

If not you will need aid of moderators

Welcome to public mobile

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Jbow Insert the sim in your phone and see if it works. You will need to reach out to the mod team so they can properly activate your account. Start a conversation with Simon (chat bot) by clicking HERE to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Be sure to provide as much details as possible so the bot can enter all the info needed to open a ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.