cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New (certified pre-owned) device is broken. Screen keeps flickering and going black.

geeklightning
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just bought this phone from Public Mobiles pre-owned phones at the beginning of May and it is not working properly. There is no physical damage to the phone but my screen keeps flickering randomly and even going completely black. I tried the volume up/down and hold the power button reset trick to see if it would fix it but no dice. It seems like it potentially has a loose connection inside. How do I return/exchange it since its only one month old it is still under warranty.

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@geeklightning 

If it's been more than 48 hours since you submitted a ticket or they responded and you didn't reply within 48 hours customer support either missed your support request or closed your ticket. The CPO department can take longer to reply to your request but generally a CSA will reply that they have forwarded you request to the CPO department. You can always send a follow up message with your ticket # and ask for an update.

Glad you found it.  Yes, they don't email, they just message via the Community inbox.  They will likely ask yo to go to authorized shop nearby to arrange for a repair. 

Let us know how it turns out

geeklightning

Thanks this helped. I thought I was going to be sent a notification to my personal email. The ball is rolling now.

@geeklightning   No one reply at all?  did you check your Community inbox on Top right?

E-Community_Inbox.png

If you checked and really no one replied, it could be just because of the weekend.  But open another ticket.  

geeklightning

I have submit a ticket through public mobile but have yet to hear back, is that what you consider contacting customer support or is there another way to get in touch? I went to my local telus booth and told them what was going on and they looked at me like I had two heads since I wasn't a telus customer. I must need to have the info from customer support first. Also I can't back up or factory reset my phone since the display won't work... 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@geeklightning 

If its beyond 30 days since purchase you will need to have the phone assessed at your closest telus store after you contact customer support with your email from the order, shipping address, order # the CSA will forward it to the warranty department. Then the warranty department will contact you with the necessary info for you to get the phone assesssed at telus. They will either repair it and give you a loaner phone in the meantime or replace it with the same or equivalent phone. Make sure you have backed up your data and factory reset the phone before handing it over for repair.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@geeklightning hi to return phone 

open a ticket through Simon to speak to a customer service agent they can help  you  Click here

Need Help? Let's chat.