cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation - no email or port text message

janellelussier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have my sim card and received text message activating my account - but I have received no e-mail from publicmobile confirming activation, and I have not received any text authorizing the port over from my previous number. It has been 2 hours - I have not put in the public mobile SIM card yet. 

Do I need to wait longer or what is the issue?

19 REPLIES 19

vbeaudin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!!! 

@vbeaudin wrote:

Can i please have this phone number? I"m experiencing the same problem and its super frustrating!!! Need to speak to a person. Thanks

@vbeaudin  - check your INBOX, i've sent it to you.

vbeaudin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can i please have this phone number? I"m experiencing the same problem and its super frustrating!!! Need to speak to a person. Thanks

@janellelussier 

If you replied to the text confirming you are porting over to PM with the old SIM in the phone within the 90 minute window.

The PM SIM will not work rightaway. The old SIM will continue to work for another 2 hours until porting is completed. 

@janellelussier  Yes IMEI tends to cos hiccups in the process 

@janellelussier  IMEI not my favourite choice, but if you didn't get an Error 821 or Error 837 and you didn't get an email from PM saying something wrong with Porting , I think it is ok

In your case, you didn't get the text from your old provider, sometimes it is a problem on that end.  So, if PM porting team tells you they see nothing wrong on this end, you might have to call your old provider and ask them if they receie the porting request

But let's wait and see what porting team says

janellelussier

I am waiting on hold (36 mins now). Will see what they say. I used the IMEI number when activating, maybe that caused the issue?

Activated my partners phone while waiting using their account # instead and got the port text instantly and is connected no issues. 

@softech I missed incoming , and scratching my head about old SIM card still working . But that makes more sense 

@janellelussier wrote:

Ya I don't know. I am calling that port support line on my old SIM right now, and when I put the PM sim into another phone, I called the first phone and caller id showed up as my phone number.

@janellelussier   this is normal when port is not completed (outgoing works and the phone number shows up on the other side)

What determine if porting completed is the incoming.  As long as incoming still on the old provider, port is not completed

janellelussier

Ya I don't know. I am calling that port support line on my old SIM right now, and when I put the PM sim into another phone, I called the first phone and caller id showed up as my phone number.

@Handy1 wrote:

@janellelussier  sounds like you ported it successfully , but I’m confused by how your old SIM card still works after that 

@Handy1   no, OP just said outgoing calls work, not incoming. 

Porting probably not completed given that old sim still works

@janellelussier  sounds like you ported it successfully , but I’m confused by how your old SIM card still works after that 

@janellelussier good outgoing calls works, then just porting issue

Please call the porting team now.  Closing in 15 mins.  i hope you can get to someone before they close. 

if not, you will have to call tomorrow morning

janellelussier

I put the PM SIM in another phone and it was able to make a phone call, and my phone number came up. So this is a porting issue I need to call that line?

@janellelussier   not the orignal, I meant the PM

you can test the PM sim, just to make sure it can make calls.

then you can put the old card back to wait for text from your old provider

The call centre I sent you close the 10pm EST.  So, call now, if you miss it, you will have to wait till tomorrow morning

janellelussier

I can still make calls (using my original SIM).

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@janellelussier  Additional info on porting number 

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@janellelussier   first , can you make outgoing calls?

If you can, then just a porting isuse, there is a team you can call to confirm the porting status and/or re-trigger the porting process.  I will send you the number to your Community inbox.  Check it

If you cannot even make outgoing calls, let us know, you will need to open ticket with PM support

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @janellelussier 

open a ticket  Chatbot

Need Help? Let's chat.