cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards

Colin71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am receiving Loyalty and Pre-authorization awards yet my wife on a separate account with a pre-authorization set up and joined the same day as I did. She also received these rewards for her account but they stopped in January when her bill increased. Why? It is so frustrating not being able to talk to someone on billing matters. Does she have to put a stop payment to get someone's attention?

4 REPLIES 4

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Colin71 wrote:

I am receiving Loyalty and Pre-authorization awards yet my wife on a separate account with a pre-authorization set up and joined the same day as I did.

She also received these rewards for her account but they stopped in January when her bill increased. Why?

Was the account suspended for a period of time?

Was there a plan upgrade? Upon renewal or immediately?

Why no rewards?

OR 

Why did price go up?

It is so frustrating not being able to talk to someone on billing matters.

Just cool off and see if the community can respond and if not contact a CSA. You will be taken care of. 

Does she have to put a stop payment to get someone's attention?

I doubt if that will catch attention and will just likely suspend the account for sure only leading to more hassle or cancelation. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Colin71 

Don’t put a stop payment – whatever you do. (if by stop payment, you mean a chargeback with the credit card after the payment has been made)

When a charge back is done here, public mobile removes the ability of the user to utilize credit cards on the account for up to a year.

It’s very likely if the plan was changed, that perhaps someone signed up for public points?

The other possibility is perhaps if a plan was suspended, temporarily, the rewards would not apply until the next regular renewal. Also, when changing plans on an immediate bases, the rewards do not apply on the immediate plans change.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Colin71 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. 

By chance, did your wife switch over the new points rewards system?  Login to her rewards account and see whether she is still on the old rewards system versus new points system.  If she did switch over, she would not qualify for the old autopay and loyalty rewards.  

Maybe screenshot your wife's payment history page.  That would offer some useful information.  Was her account suspended for some reason?  If suspended, the rewards will be delayed. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Colin71   Login to My Rewards to see if you are on the old or new rewards

https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards

If you see $ showing everywhere, you are on the old one

if you see everything refers to Points, you have migrated to Public Point

Check both yours and your wife's account and let us know what you see

Need Help? Let's chat.