helenbucic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need a PUK number so that I can unlock my number from previous carrier

7 REPLIES 7

helenbucic

I have a PUK number.  Where do I enter it so I can activate my phone?   Thanks

@helenbucic 

contact to support team by CS_Agent  to get PUK.

helenbucic

Sorry, me again.  I have been trying to get a PUK number and cannot get one. Who  would I contact? Thanks

helenbucic

Thank you very much.  I hae been in contact with previous supplier and have the unlock number.  I cannot find where I can put the number to unloci.  I cannnot get the site up.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Find your PUK: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/where-to-find-your-puk

- SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK - is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

- SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI (dial *#06# to get it) and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

- PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.

If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@helenbucic   you answered it yourself, you need the PUK from your previous provider.  it is always the carrier who sold you the phone has the PUK, not other carriers.

But if you got the phone within the last couple years in Canada, it should be sold unlocked already 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@helenbucic hi if your phone is locked to a previous provider,you must contact them,public can't do it for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.