cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account will not connect (Unregistered SIM)

SharonC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a new customer trying to set up my first account. I have recently received my SIM card in the mail, activated the SIM, and put it in the phone. I am receiving the message "Unregistered SIM".

Things I have tried (based on forums):

1. Account is funded/active

2. APN points to correct target (it didn't)

3. Phone unlocked (it was locked to Koodo)

4. SIM Lock not present (it had not been turned on)

5. Turned off phone, removed SIM, 1 minute, insert SIM, Turned on phone

6. Phone is not blacklisted (checked, and husband is original owner of phone)

Samsung S5 (android)

The phone is still stating: "Unregistered SIM" and not connecting to the network.

"Clippy" ... I mean ... "SIMon" sent me here.

Does anyone have any other ideas of things I may have missed? Or possibly values I should be triple checking?

10 REPLIES 10

Mike_0481
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have the exact same problem.  How can someone send a private message to a mod?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @SharonC ,

Excellent details provided!  😃

So, I was wondering...was your credit card charged after you activated...just checking that part was all good.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It seems like you have done all the right steps, the last one is to maybe just wait a little more and it might end up fixing itself. I know it sounds weird but that was the case for some people.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

Keep in mind that the Samsung S5 phone is running Android 7.1. This phone will not access and encrypted most websites in the summer of 2021.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : Phones ported between the Telus family brands don't need to be unlocked if they're already locked to a Telus brand.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

All phone after 2017 comes unlocked from Canadian carriers. 

If the Samsung S5 was purchased before 2017, you may want to contact Koodo to have it unlocked at: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/unlocking-your-phone

The S5 phone was released on April 2014 and now discontinued.

Once you have it unlocked, try rebooting the phone with the PM SIM.

Did you contact the mediator to port over from Koodo to PM?

SharonC

@TheGx I was **just** coming to comment that this looks a deeper issue and that Moderators are in the process of addressing.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SharonC :Think you've done all you can and tried all the suggestions from this forum, there might be a SIM glitch that only the moderators can fix from their end, it happened to me where they had to correct my activation from their end, so now you should write private message to moderators to help.

SharonC

It is an Android (Samsung Galaxy S5).

Editing OP to indicate that as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SharonC : iOS, Android?

Need Help? Let's chat.