cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Zim

champa1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • My brother is visiting from Sri Lanka and he needs to get a new zim in order to have Canadian phone number. Can someone please tell me what the process is?  
2 REPLIES 2

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

You can get an e-sim, but that technology is still very new to Public Mobile and there are lots of bugs, so I'd suggest going with a physical sim instead. Quickest shipping option is through Amazon, or you can try your luck at Telus or Koodo storefronts, as mentioned. 

https://a.co/d/6AiXDVV

@champa1 wrote:
  • My brother is visiting from Sri Lanka and he needs to get a new zim in order to have Canadian phone number. Can someone please tell me what the process is?  

Your brother will need to purchase a Public Mobile SIM card. They can be purcahsed from the Public Mobile website but arrival could take a couple of weeks.  They can also be purcahsed by Telus corporately-owend retail locations.  Please note that it's likelyt that only corporately owned locations will carry these and it can be difficult to tell which locations actually are.   After getting a SIM card, your brother will need to activate service from either the Public Mobile website or through the Public Mobile app.  

Do peform a self activation, a Canadian (or American) credit card will be needed. You might need to help your brother out with that part.

Need Help? Let's chat.