cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim for 5G doesn't work

Theryguy0615
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • Hey everyone:

So I switched to 5G bought a new Sim and completed all the steps to link my Sim, except to activate it it says login to the app to activate and for somE reason I j8st cannot login to the app can so eone plz help me I'm without a phone just gave my son bone marrow for his leukemia and stuck alone in bed, I barely have a WiFi signal cuz its the neighbours I need this activated... Thank you 

57 REPLIES 57

Jax0904

My plan expired today that's why I was renewing it. I don't have internet here anymore so I wanted the plan with 30gb and nothing would work so my wife went to a Telus store the lady said we needed a new Sim and when I out that Sim in and said link Sim I put the new Sim number in I paid the fee and it said to finish activation all I had to do was login to the app and that's when all this started!!! The app does not work

Jax0904

No I cannot make outgoing calls or texts

@Jax0904 wrote:

Hey bud YES 611 worked with my old sim it sounds like we are getting somwher

@Jax0904   and you can make other outgoing calls?

So, if you have made the plan change earlier, it could have been done and completed, and everything working well on the old sim card

Ok good. Does the recording say suspended or a future renewal date?

Jax0904

Hey bud YES 611 worked with my old sim it sounds like we are getting somwher

Jax0904

I don't have service on the old sim b in t I can send a screenshot to show you I paid and you could add the plan for me if possible

Jax0904

Hello I do have the old sim in and it seems to be working

We're all super keen to help you. So yes you might feel you're being pulled different directions.

I, for one, would like to know if your old sim still works. Regardless of new plan or not. Just, does it still work? Calls and texts etc.

Adding - just trying 611. Sorry I see you said it had expired. But 611 should work.

@Jax0904 wrote:

If I try to login it tries to send a text to my xxx xxx xxxx but my account expired today and I spent $56 on the new plan 

@Theryguy0615 @Jax0904   this is an open forum, please remove your phone number for your protection.  Go back to the post, click the down arrow on the top right and select Edit Reply

For login, it can send to your email, too, click Resend code and Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

Jax0904

Hello yes I am theryguy0615 I'm sorry I'm getting so many replies and trying to do everything I'm told yes I am theryguy0615

Jax0904

If I try to login it tries to send a text to my xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but my account expired today and I spent $56 on the new plan 

Jax0904

I don't have a laptop or computer that's why I was trying to buy an account with more data, I have to take a break I'm literally in tears I'm so confused! I can't even leave my house to go to public computer, cuz of my bone marrow  surgery, this is the first time I been brought to tears from a phone comoany

@Jax0904- Are you @Theryguy0615 ? Or do you have a different problem? Why did you put in a new sim? Is this a whole new service or are you an existing customer?

Do not supply technically or personally identifiable information here.

Jax0904

@softech wrote:

@Jax0904 were you successfully change sim card?

Can you login to My Account again using Incognito mode on a desktop or laptop, go to Profile page and click the eye besides the sim card  and confirm if it shows the new sim card number?

If it still showing your old sim card number, the sim was not updated properly, you have ot click on the Pencil to the right and update the sim card again.  (Please remember to check My account using Incognito mode on a desktop or laptop for making the sim card change)

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-number

@Jax0904 were you successfully change sim card?

Can you login to My Account again using Incognito mode on a desktop or laptop, go to Profile page and click the eye besides the sim card  and confirm if it shows the new sim card number?

If it still showing your old sim card number, the sim was not updated properly, you have ot click on the Pencil to the right and update the sim card again.  (Please remember to check My account using Incognito mode on a desktop or laptop for making the sim card change)

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-number

Jax0904

I did select an change and that's how all this happened,! I either just want service or a refund at this point I can give the Sim card number, all it says is login to the app I can get so far but then it just says checking session and its keeps spinning but it also did that earlier with the old sim

Jax0904

My accou t expired today I put in the new Sim and linked it I paid $56 altogether and can't use anything I can putnin my old sim if you can add the funds

Jax0904

@dust2dust wrote:

Oh my what a mess. You didn't need a new sim to change the plan. Are you able to log in to the account using the web page instead of the app? Does your old sim still work?

@dust2dust wrote:

Oh my what a mess. You didn't need a new sim to change the plan. Are you able to log in to the account using the web page instead of the app? Does your old sim still work?

@Theryguy0615 wrote:

No I tried to switch from my 15 Gb plan to 30 Gb and It really screwed up my account the lady in the store said I needed a new Sim to switch 

@Theryguy0615 

the lady was WRONG

A plan change does not require a new sim.  You can keep using your old sim

So, can you log back into your old account now?  If so, make a plan change request there if you have not done so

For your new sim, I hope you have not activated yet, you don't need a new activation

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Theryguy0615 

You need to create a new Eversafe ID using your registered email and password. Your Community email will be the same as your account.

Once ID is created then you can login on the app or website.

Theryguy0615

No I tried to switch from my 15 Gb plan to 30 Gb and It really screwed up my account the lady in the store said I needed a new Sim to switch and it was also asking me to link a new Sim, which I completed all the steps at the very end it said to login to the app to finish activation but I cannot login to the app

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Theryguy0615 you don't need a new SIM card if you are just changing to a 5G plan. Or, are you doing something else? Are you going from an eSIM to physical SIM? 

Do help articles provide any info: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/speed-tiers 

Edit to add info. on eSIM (if this applies to you): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/esim-faqs

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Theryguy0615  

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1686003696006.png

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So you have been a customer? Why did you buy a sim if you're an existing customer?

Or are you newly activating a whole new service as a new customer?

Theryguy0615

I believe I just swapped, and it says to activate the new Sim I must login to the app, but your telling me the app doesn't work? I don't have a comp or laptop so what now? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Theryguy0615  are you activating new account with the new sim card or you are swapping sim card with an existing account?

If you are switching sim card with existing account, you need to login to My Account using a computer or laptop only (cannot use the mobile site as it has some glitches from earlier).  Go to My Account's Profile page, click on the Pencil on the right to Edit and update the new sim card

If you are activating new account, and try to login again, you can use the Reset Code trick to ask the system to send the 2FA code to your email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

If it does not work, please open ticket with support by messaging them

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.