cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM in iPad activated but data still not working

rcegglestone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

recently got a SIM card and plan with public mobile to allow data on my iPad. Shows SIM activated under cellular plan (Telus) and shows Public Mobile as the selected network. 

this is a new iPad, have never had any other SIM card in it. And this is a new SIM card from public mobile. Payment has gone through on my public mobile account and shows my account is activated. 

any help on how to get the data working because I am paying for nothing at this point! 
thanks 

Bob 

4 REPLIES 4

@rcegglestone 

The device needs Public Mobile's APN settings to access data (and MMS attachments).

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

A paltry few GB might be sufficient for smartphone use, but if you actually intend to your tablet for much more than browsing, maps, and maybe the odd music/audio stream - if you want to watch videos or movies, play immersive games, do some downloading - then you'll likely find the few GB you get on most cell plans is never enough.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @rcegglestone   just to clarify, you can still put your PM SIM in your iPad and use it even though it is not a Data only plan.

If you want to save money and get more data at the same time, then you check the Tablet plan or data only plan.  Zoomer Wireless has it for $20 for 4GB.  It is one of the best data deals in the market 

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Public doesn't offer data only plans at the moment. Though, Lucky Mobile has a cheap $15 750 MB data only plan that could work better for your purpose.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @rcegglestone   make sure you have the latest Carrier Profile.  You can do that by getting it wirelessly or via iTune

or check it and let us know which Carrier profile version you have 

Need Help? Let's chat.