cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM - how to activate on existing account?

DougCollinge
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Let's say I bought a new PM SIM at Walmart, say. How would I activate it with the account I currently have?

There doesn't seem to be a process for activating a SIM that doesn't also involve creating a new account. Maybe I'm missing something...

14 REPLIES 14

@DougCollinge wrote:

Ah, OK. I was looking at "Activate a SIM card". Wrong form! Thanks for the help - this topic is solved.

I'm happy you found the right link to change, but it doesn't hurt to rule out that there isn't a different issue as suggested, it might save you a few dollars:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DougCollinge wrote:

Ah, OK. I was looking at "Activate a SIM card". Wrong form! Thanks for the help - this topic is solved.

You still have the source of your problem. I wonder if you need to buy another SIM to begin with.

Might you have another look at the post I wrote addressing the problem you're having?

DougCollinge

@DougCollinge wrote:

But that form requires my name and all the stuff necessary to create a new account.

Well, I haven't bought one yet so it's all hypothetical at this point...

@DougCollinge  Click here to access your selfserve account. If that doesn't work click here to register your selfserve account.

@DougCollinge wrote:

But that form requires my name and all the stuff necessary to create a new account.

What form are you talking about, clicking on change SIM brings up a box to enter a new SIM number?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DougCollinge wrote:

What if you were to, say, accidentally break your SIM? That could easily happen.

My issue is that I'm having problems connecting, have tried everything, and am seriously considering trotting down to London Drugs to buy a new SIM just in case that works! Official support on PM is effectively useless, as far as I can tell.

So this is the motivation.

Has your service ever worked here? Did you change phones? What make/model/submodel is the phone? Did you check for it being blacklisted? Was it bought used and some previous owner has now declared lost/stolen thereby disabling it?

DougCollinge

@hairbag1  I don't think it was clear from the first post by OP, until his second post, if it was a new activation or replacing the existing SIM, so not really misreading:)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@DougCollinge wrote:

Let's say I bought a new PM SIM at Walmart, say. How would I activate it with the account I currently have?

There doesn't seem to be a process for activating a SIM that doesn't also involve creating a new account. Maybe I'm missing something...

I misread you post and thought you wanted an additional account started. Follow instructions provided above and easy to replace your existing sim card with a new one. Good luck.

@DougCollinge wrote:

What if you were to, say, accidentally break your SIM? That could easily happen.

My issue is that I'm having problems connecting, have tried everything, and am seriously considering trotting down to London Drugs to buy a new SIM just in case that works! Official support on PM is effectively useless, as far as I can tell.

@DougCollinge  Simply login into your selfserve select the change SIM card option enter the new SIM number and your good to go.

@DougCollinge wrote:

Are you able to try your current SIM in another phone to see if the problem is the SIM or phone?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@DougCollinge wrote:

Did you want to activate a new account or do you want to replace your existing SIM?

If the latter then you can do that by logging into your self-serve account and in the overview page to the right hand side, you will find many options to edit profile, change number, SIM etc. 

Otherwise @hairbag1 has already told you that PM only allows one number/account per email.

DougCollinge

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Each new account needs a new sim card and a unique email address. You'll start a new account altogeather.

PS, there are no Family Plans or Group Plans here. Each phone needs it's own account.

Need Help? Let's chat.