cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIXED: New SIM Card Doesn't Connect to Public Mobile Network with Pixel 2

GDPatterson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched over from Koodoo to Public on my Google Pixel 2. Got the physical SIM card in the mail. Activated my account using the Public Mobile website and app.

Put the SIM card in and nothing. Waited 5 hours as it said it could take a few hours for the transition to complete. Still nothing. And my Koodoo SIM card is now deactivated too (I was still able to use it for a few hours).

I've checked the SIM serial number it had me enter and I've rebooted twice; and reset the network settings twice on my phone now. Still no luck. And the ChatBot has me at a dead end with nowhere else to go for help.

Would anyone be able to help?

Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

GDPatterson

Issue is now fixed. Had to call Telus customer support and wait on hold for a good while. It was an issue with porting my existing phone number.

Public Mobile doesn't tell you when activating that you need to keep your old SIM card in for a few hours and wait for a message from Koodo asking you to confirm within 90 minutes that you want to proceed with the change of service for your phone number.

GDPatterson

Update: Still not working 24 hours later.

I also tried the SIM card in another newer unlocked phone and it doesn't work there either. I haven't heard back from Public. I need my phone for work so I think I will contact Koodoo and see if they can reestablish my former service with them and ask Public for a refund.

GDPatterson

Thanks for the help with the direct line to the support team. I've sent them a message.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yes, you can reach out to customer support. To contact support you can submit a ticket through the chatbot by typing in "submit a ticket" and selecting "Contact Us". 

If that doesn't work you can message support directly from here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

There do seem to have been some service issues going on today so that may have something to do with it as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.