cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Public Points?

_Here2Help_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Friends.

So basically I've been with PM for about 4ys and just joined the new rewards program. I was on a 3g plan with 4.5g for 40.00 per month at that time. I've received a total of 6 bucks in discounts ranging from loyality ,auto pay and refer a friend reducing it to 34.00 per month. Since i joined this new program and i wish to cancel it..... can i get my old rewards back and apply my old discounts to my New plan?

18 REPLIES 18

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@_Here2Help_ 

Trust me if there was a way to revert your account back to the rewards program I would have found it by now. It is just not possible....period. I gave you the best option you have to return to the rewards program in a roundabout way. If you are interested in exploring that option then send me a private message.....I will point out your options.👉😀

Edit:

Oh dear those emojis are not conveying what I meant at all but they do make a whole other point?!! So I'm leaving them as is....I don't disagree with your opinion on the way Public Points has been marketed and the shady way they are played up to be better than $$ rewards. But ultimately public mobile administers their loyalty program at their sole discretion. There is very little you can do about it unfortunately.....either work the points to your favorite or.....?

Honest, all rewards system "upgrade" are upgrade in favour for the company , not customers

McDonald's killed the free coffee program, changed to a "spending habits" one.  Used to be buy 7 (any size) and get a free one.  Now, you have to pay enough for a free coffee. Buying small coffee means it will take longer than buying XL Cappuccino

Same with Starbucks program, used to be 125 stars for any food or drink, now, different # of stars to redeem for different rewards.  

And both Starbucks and McDonald have time limit for the rewards/stars earned and will be gone if not redeem

For PM, at least they did the right thing and let you stay on the old system, they never try force you to migrate.   You were supposed to read all the find prints and acknowledge before jumping onto the new one.  

Yes, text keep bugging you to change, the communications sound attractive enough to drag you on board.   Of course, who would tell you the truth that they need to change because they want to save money.  

And remember, you did see the big prompt  saying "opt-in are final and cannot be reversed" and you did check the box and "agree" that.   We cannot just say it is not good, not fair, regret and want to go back

Think positive, you can now save 33% if you redeem add-on.  And if luck comes to you, you can bet 1 Public Point and win an iPhone, $1 for $1000 winning  🙂

_Here2Help_

Why would you say that? 

Do you work for them or just an opinion.? 

Why not be part of the solution? 

Have agreements that are fair and equitable. Define opt-in? 

@_Here2Help_ wrote:

The customer is always right even when they are wrong.

Loyalty programs are designed to keep customers and not to create promotion hoppers.

Choices are a subjective and misunderstand happen.

self solution removed

@_Here2Help_ wrote:

thanks for your concern much appreciated ! My goal is to get my old program back as should others even if it was there fault. 

Sorry, but as I'm sure that you already know, Public Mobile isn't going to allow anyone to switch back to the old rewards program.

_Here2Help_

thanks for your concern much appreciated ! My goal is to get my old program back as should others even if it was there fault. 

_Here2Help_

The customer is always right even when they are wrong.

Loyalty programs are designed to keep customers and not to create promotion hoppers.

Choices are a subjective and misunderstand happen.

Lets do the math, I was on a $40 3g with 4.5g.b plan with $6 bucks off. Auto pay =2 RAF= 1 Loyalty =3 bring down my total expensive to 34 plus taxes! Not to shabby. I finally gave in and upgraded to a 4g plan with 6gb for 45.00 plus taxes. Public Moblie wins! They got more per month from me and i lost from my old points. So if worse comes to worse i can move on. Who wins?

My takeaway and Lesson learned and create awareness to all.

First getting texts from public mobile telling me how an amazing deal they have and how great the new rewards are check it out should have been a red flag.  2. When you don't feel like a loyal customer , its ok I don't lose I can shop around. 3. People are right but its was shady for that fine print and lets be honest why offer a new reward program to a customer based on my spending habits?

When can debate this but I will set a new standard.

I want Public Mobile to revoke and give people a chance to opt-in (30days max as an example).

Its unethical and opt-in wording sounds sketchy and unprofessional in my honest opinion.

Yes the program may have pro's and con's and its not a one size fit for all.

Thats all i wanted to do to try it out!  I am never afraid to check off terms and conditions regardless of outcome even I didn't read all the misleading fine print. I

think Public Mobile Lawyers need a lesson here too and share the responsibilities of a shady agreement.

Thanks for reading my post. If it helped someone learn from my experiences "I am Happy"

Moving forward in life decided if you promote change or allow the perception of companies can do what they like.

Peace!

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@_Here2Help_ wrote:

Lets get a petition going!!! Whos intrested? 

sorry not interested

It is only a reward system change, never heard of "cooling off period' for small change.  it's not like buying a home

I hope you learned a lesson.   READ , READ and READ, not Click, click and click

The thing that I find the most shocking about a long term PM customer just switching without investigating first is that this is PM! By that I mean most customers are here precisely because they did a lot of checking first. JMHO but I think the CRTC doesn’t really care about rewards programs.

A part of me agrees that one should be able to go back but you had had to login to the rewards page, click on Join, scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Join now and finally read this message and say yup let's go. I didn't test to see what would happen after I check the box.

dust2dust_0-1665800391531.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@_Here2Help_ 

Oh no....no, no, no.....I'm sorry to hear this....oh well what's done is done.....now you need to maximize points redemptions. How much data do you regularly use? All 5gb?

Do you want to take over a rewards account and change your current account to the $15 plan and suspend it for 89/90 days and reactivate when necessary or when you want extra data? It will work well as a data account with point redemptions for $10/1gb data add ons?

_Here2Help_

Well thanks all but this is very unacceptable without a "cooling off period" yes i should have done my home work. Its seems shady the i would been offer a deal worse then i had. Yes the old plan is better and i intend to keep it. I want my matter to escalate and other account holder to file aCRTC complaint with me, on this matter as a group! What the worse that can happen ? I can accept and move on if this gets rejected. Companies have rights so do consumer's!  Its not like a buying a new car 🙂 Lets get a petition going!!! Whos intrested? 

@_Here2Help_ wrote:

So if i cancel my current rewards i cant go back? I thought it was account based ?

@_Here2Help_   by "cancel" your current new reward systems, it means you are not joining any reward system at all.  

The old reward system is now "locked", once you are out, you cannot get back in

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There have been many posts regarding this.  Apparently a few people have done the math to show the old points system is better for most unless you are a big spender. However the new points system is better than nothing. 😉

Sorry  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@_Here2Help_    The new reward problems is not as good as the old one  😞

Sorry, many existing members joined and regret.  They asked but PM confirmed that there is no way they can go back to the old system.

Honest, since you are on $40 plan, the 5% you got is the same as $2 Autopay discount on the old system.  The friend rewards is the same on both old and new.  

Your biggest lost is the Loyalty.  You are now getting 10 points per year as Anniversary bonus on the new system instead of $4/cycle from old Loyalty reward

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No. It's that you opted in to the new system and will have read all the warnings that popped up with another confirm box.

_Here2Help_

So if i cancel my current rewards i cant go back? I thought it was account based ?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@_Here2Help_ 

Unfortunately, you can't go back to the old rewards system.  Most regulars would have recommended staying with the old rewards. The old loyalty and autopay rewards are better than the new points system. 

Need Help? Let's chat.