cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plans no longer have International Text and Picture Messaging?

Phaelen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's a bit confusing on the new plans that the plan screen says Unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messaging with the fine print stating: Premium and subscription based messaging, to and from non-Canadian numbers, are not included. 

Phaelen_4-1684954387430.png

The verbage suggests this only applies to premium and subscription based messaging.  The confirmation screen and plan details shows Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging with the same 3 but nowhere to view fineprint.

Phaelen_5-1684954413028.png

So is it gone now on new plans?

8 REPLIES 8

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I PM'd CS_Agent and received this reply:

"I can confirm at this moment that all the plans that we currently have include unlimited international text messages. I am aware of the fact that on the website this detail is not being specified. I do apologize for this situation, this is a cosmetic issue that will be solved soon. Let me know if you have any other inquiries."

Switching plans now...

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I'm confident this is just TERRIBLE wording and that international texting is still included. That being said, I'm waiting for some confirmation before switching from the $40/15gb to the $39/20gb. I don't need more than 15gb, and I am not going to give up the ability to text the US for a $1 savings per month.

OldFordFalcom

I agree, the wording is atrocious.  The new website also throws around the word "subscription" which IS confusing. When you go to the "plan Details" it seems to be a generic blurb which at the end of the day is meaningless. They should be specific to the plane you're looking at. Add the generic content with a label stating that what it is, generic. We have three phones and I have been thinking of moving our main ones over to Public but not so sure any longer. We don't need 20G of data, more like 2Gigs and the ability to message/text family in the USA. Public has shut out a large bit of business with folks like me.

WindyOrbits

@softech

Is this different than the current $40/15GB plan? I can't seem to find the fine print for that plan anymore but I don't recall ever being charged extra for picture messaging on my current $40 plan, which is why I am confused.

Also, don't all banks nowadays use 2FA? If I understand 2FA correctly, even my Discord asks for 2FA when I log in each time...

@WindyOrbits

•  international shortcode, 2FA, like those from overseas banks
  • as well as those that you text with a cost, like those text a number to donate

WindyOrbits

I am confused... Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging - "Includes text and picture messaging. Premium and subscription-based messaging, to and from non-Canadian numbers, are not included" What does this mean??? What is considered a "non-premium" picture message vs a "premium" picture message?

Annotation 2023-05-24 154653.jpg

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Phaelen 

Opps seems PM didn't double check their ad. 

It is unlimited calling and texting within Canada.

Unlimited calling and texting can be available on WhatsApp or TextNow wifi apps.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Phaelen - here is hoping "Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging" still, and the wording just needs to be fixed.

Need Help? Let's chat.