cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plans coming soon!

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I was just looking through the plan change options in My Account, and there are some new ready-made deals coming 🙂  I'm going to take one of them!  Already future-dated for December 7th!

47 REPLIES 47

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nice. I went from Mobilicity/Chatr's 6GB to Public 4.5GB to now 5GB. I haven't ever made it past 3.5GB use per month yet but I haven't been wreckless with my data yet.

Enjoy 🙂 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Public-Mobile-Pricing/m-p/298268/hi...

@Someone_here wrote:

New pricing table 🙂

I changed the design a little bit, I think it makes it easier to compare...

Enjoy!

PM price chart nov 21 2018.png

jaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I thought 1.5GB is added to the existing 1GB, my bad.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Where do you see Lucky Mobile $35 / 2.5GB?  I see $35 / 1.5GB only.

https://www.luckymobile.ca/shop/plans/prepaid#province-canada-plans

@jaya wrote:

Sorry made an error with my earlier post so i have edited it. So will PM match Lucky Mobile $35 for 2.5GB ??

Chanah

KMG wrote:

The $50 plan at Public Mobile also includes US calling.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/50for8GB+500MB-3Gspeed

I know. But I was speaking of not on plan at Lucky. Looking through their international vouchers, there isn't one for the States (just US Virgin Islands). So if you wanted to be able to call the US from a Lucky phone, you'd need the 50$ plan. Which doesn't seem right.

jaya

Sorry made an error with my earlier post so i have edited it.

KMG

@Chanah wrote:

It's 3G. Also, when I looked at it, their plans matched the new ones at PM, the only difference was that you get the extra 500 megs if you do autopay at Lucky.

I didn't see anything over 8.5 gigs. And looking at the international calling add-ons (I must be wrong here) there aren't any for the US? The 8.5 gig plan at Lucky includes US calling, though.

Could it be the difference in area? I'm in British Columbia.

The $50 plan at Public Mobile also includes US calling.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/50for8GB+500MB-3Gspeed

KMG

@stonechucker wrote:

Is that full LTE, throttled LTE (like PM), or 3G service at Lucky?

Lucky Mobile is 3G speed.

Chanah

It's 3G. Also, when I looked at it, their plans matched the new ones at PM, the only difference was that you get the extra 500 megs if you do autopay at Lucky.

I didn't see anything over 8.5 gigs. And looking at the international calling add-ons (I must be wrong here) there aren't any for the US? The 8.5 gig plan at Lucky includes US calling, though.

Could it be the difference in area? I'm in British Columbia.

KMG

@jaya wrote:

Lucky Mobile offers 5, 6.5 and 8.5 GB plans on their website for $40,45,50 respectively (incuding candada wide- no zone).

The Public Mobile current plans are the same.  $40/5GB, $45/6.5GB, and $50/8.5GB.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/plans

Is that full LTE, throttled LTE (like PM), or 3G service at Lucky?

jaya

Lucky Mobile offers 2.5GB plans on their website for $35 for candada wide. Will public mobile match their price?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chanah wrote:

Just FYI to anyone reading this: The plans don't seem to be automatically upgraded (at least mine wasn't). You need to go into your account to change to the new offers.

While that seems blindingly obvious...indeed it might be an assumption for some.

Good call.

GreatCanadian

@Chanah wrote:

Just FYI to anyone reading this: The plans don't seem to be automatically upgraded (at least mine wasn't). You need to go into your account to change to the new offers.

Yes, you have to upgrade the plans yourself. 

GC

Chanah

@stonechucker wrote:

@ShawnC13, I read that statement as the Oracles were told.

The last competitive response was posted by Alan_K or Brooke_C when the $40 for 4.5 was brought back.

This current batch of Special Offers (that's what they're called in the plan change selection area) to me is an unannounced promo.  Simple as that.

I also don't care about the thunder whether it was there or not.  I just decided to let folks know yesterday that something was changing, and to watch for it.

@stonechucker, yes Oracles were told and I wasn't downplaying what you did.  I was going to  mention the plans as well but you already had.  I think it is great when members notice something in the plans page and help out everyone else.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13, I read that statement as the Oracles were told.

The last competitive response was posted by Alan_K or Brooke_C when the $40 for 4.5 was brought back.

This current batch of Special Offers (that's what they're called in the plan change selection area) to me is an unannounced promo.  Simple as that.

I also don't care about the thunder whether it was there or not.  I just decided to let folks know yesterday that something was changing, and to watch for it.

JoeFrankRoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is also a $35 and $50 promotion

@Chanah wrote:

When I went to lock in a new plan, I noticed that 50$ for 8.5 gigs and unlimited US and Canadian calling is available. Don't see it listed on the plans page, though. But if anyone wants it - it's there.

Yes, the $50 plan is in the build your own plan section.  

These new rate plans were quietly added to the plan section.  I am not sure why they opted for no publicity.  Maybe they want to use this to retain customers but don't really want the entire customer base to switch over.  The lack of competition does create a market place that defies logic.  As customers we just have to stay vigilant and take advantage every step of the way. 

Chanah

When I went to lock in a new plan, I noticed that 50$ for 8.5 gigs and unlimited US and Canadian calling is available. Don't see it listed on the plans page, though. But if anyone wants it - it's there.

@stonechucker wrote:

I posted yesterday early morning.  I think I stole the thunder from Alan_K and Brooke_C.  They didn't make announcements, but they 'ended' the other offers.

We were told this was a competitiive response and that there would be no announcement made on the new plan pricing.  So no stolen Thunder, but great that you got the message out there.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

I posted yesterday early morning.  I think I stole the thunder from Alan_K and Brooke_C.  They didn't make announcements, but they 'ended' the other offers.

Chanah

Nice catch there!

GreatCanadian

Just noticed that the 40 and 45 dollar 3G plans have increased their data limit by 500 mb. Not sure how long this has been available, but I didn't see it mentioned, and figured I'd post it. maybe others are increased as well but I didn't take not. I have future-dated. AWESOME PUBLIC MOBILE!!

GC

tamzid1999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

30$ for 1.5GB would make much more sence. 35$ is not really a deal. Smiley Indifferent

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi 🙂 For any information about new Plans or deals, please visit:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Community/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Community 

OR

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/plans

-Public Mobile Team

bigmouth2015
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are these new plans part of their black friday deals?  Are there any black friday deals coming up?

@will13am, and that's the kicker.  I've only twice in the time used more than 6 GB, once being 3 GB in one month, and the other time I somehow got up to 11 GB (probably had tethering turned on by accident), and that one happened at the end of the cycle.

@stonechucker wrote:

@ShawnC13, I wish I had referrals that were that high.  Right now, I'm generally paying $90-$95 each 90-day renewal.  Not chump change, but a great deal for 12 GB of full-speed LTE.  The problem is, I don't get full speed LTE at home or work, and rarely outdoors.  I'm not in a major centre, but I'm not rural either.  Heck for the service, even Freedom *maybe* a better choice for me, as I'm in their service area, but my average of $15 rewards per 30-day cycle currently gives me no reason to leave Public Mobile.

I'm still considering dropping to 30-day 2 GB LTE plan, which would work out to $32/30-day after rewards, which would be easier meeting my requirements.  I want the 30-day cycle for payments.  Do I need the data, no, I rarely go over 1.5 GB/30-days?  I still don't need Canada-Wide calling, but I do need the texting.

Who knows.. maybe I'll just call off the plan change again.

When faced with indecisions, take the path of least resistance.  Do nothing.  That is what I plan to do.  Anyway, I find the ability to stretch 12GB over 90 days to be extremely handy.  These days my usage is all over the map. 

Need Help? Let's chat.