cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plans Don't Have US Calling Anymore?

LegusY
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I asked this a few days ago and I believe PM plans have undergone a change since then. It used to be all the $50 or more plans included US calling from Canada but now, upon checking the plans page, it seems like all of them are just Canada-wide calling, and no more US calling for $50 or more plans.

Can anyone confirm if this is true?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

12 REPLIES 12

@hTideGnow 

Ok. I can confirm that too. Is it guaranteed forever the way it is? It’s a matter of principal as it used to say it and it does say it in the plans.....so why not in our My Account?

Hi @CountyDownIeUk, not hearsay.   

We did real world experiment.   My family has it.  They talked couple hours  (10+) of incoming on its only 100 mins bucket,  it is now still showing 85 mins left.

I have a prepaid agreement with PM.....as a courtesy to their customers I would like to see them acknowledge what is included.  Hearsay is not acceptable to me. 

Hi @CountyDownIeUk But even it is not shown in the details,  the unlimited incoming is still there.  They didn't take away

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Just out of curiosity if you were grandfathered with USA calling from Canada, does your My Account say that it is included in your plan?

ie. The $15 plan no longer shows unlimited incoming calls. 

42F44EF6-04D4-4915-8E99-C9133B21B5D5.jpeg

good2go013
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Let's hope *fingers crossed* us older PM members get to keep (grand fathered in) our unlimited US/CAN calling privilege on our accounts.

@softech wrote:

But for new comers, the $50 plan no longer offer the goodies.

Brrrrrr. This is getting scary. Every time PM does some update, Plans get changed to the worse. How PM expects to be competitive and have leading edge over other low-priced provider?

I guess those on current $15 Plan will hold on it until forever for basic mobile communication.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CeceCoop  the OP is commenting on the US talk from Canada, not the roaming add on.

CeceCoop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you go to your account and click Plan & Add-On's, there you can find a Shop Add-On's section where you can click to add US talk, text and data to your existing plan. It is for 10 days only but can be helpful in the short term.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Noticed the same.. downgraded my plan to use up all the free add ons that I’ve received over the past 3 yrs..so far 5 months paying under7 $ a month for a fully functional phone service.. once I upgrade again can get a 15$ add on for 1000 us minutes.. fair trade in my opinion losing the unlimited us talk👍

LegusY
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah no more goodies for new comers 😅

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LegusY   Check your Plan & Add-ons Page and see what it says

As far as I know, there is NO CHANGE to existing plan.  So, you still get the unlimited US minutes

But for new comers, the $50 plan no longer offer the goodies.

So, if you really need that, don't make any plan change  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.