$26 4GB  (new activation only!!) 

other:

$15 - 250Mb

$25 - 1GB

$29 10GB

$35 50GB

$40 - 75GB

$55 - 100GB

I think they don't offer any Canada-US plan at the moment, which I think it is weird.  I think they direction is they will have that as a ongoing choice, just a matter of the price

14 REPLIES 14

BrendaP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I just got a Canada/US plan on March 21, 2024, for $39/month with 60gb. 

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

find it odd they reduced the $29/20gb to $29/10gb.  Thought they'd be offering good plans to combat the elimination of the old rewards system.

@dwh1 Valid points. PM seems to closely follow Freedom, who has great US offers. I'm also thinking back to when PM had the $50/40GB Can/US plan, and then dropped it and were only left with the $65 option for several months (all while Freedom still had great US options) before they came out with the super competitive $34 option (which is stupid cheap IMO).

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DennyCrane Also, you said that these plans are standard.  Not on entry level carriers they aren't.  Freedom and Fizz have it, but PM's direct equivalents Lucky and Chatr don't (they have calling TO the US, not full Canada/US call anywhere to anywhere).  It's not on the next tier up either (Koodo, Fido, Virgin).

So my guess is that PM saw a decrease in adoption of those plans, so they decided to cut off the US coverage (for now?) and work in other directions.  That doesn't mean it won't come back, of course.  

As always, people should shop around and pick plans that work for them and periodically see what is on the market.  For now, if you want cheap US/Canada coverage and aren't already locked into a PM US/Canada plan, Freedom or Fizz are the choices.

dwh1

@DennyCrane wrote:

I don't get why they keep pulling US plans off the shelf. The whole market has pretty much moved to these plans as standard now. These new PM plans leave very little incentive to join PM.

One possibility is that it's a form of lock in.  If you're on a PM $34 or $39 (say) US/Canada plan and considering going to Freedom Mobile, now you have to accept that if you switch over and are unhappy with their service, you can't come back to your previous plan (unless you pay for two lines simultaneously).   

In other words, they just added risk for anyone considering alternatives.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I see $34 for 50GB in BC still.

I don't get why they keep pulling US plans off the shelf. The whole market has pretty much moved to these plans as standard now. These new PM plans leave very little incentive to join PM.

Sad but true 

ExiledFrmPublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1. Much like Samsung going from being "for the people/power user" phone manufacturers to basically becoming Apple, this is the way of the world. Die the hero or live yada yada yada. CDN telecom, including ISPs have been doing this **** for forever. Guess PM got through the growing pains and is becoming a man and is going to start making its subs hurt like the rest of the big dogs. lol

2. Yes. If my local experience with people dropping one ISP for the other player is relevant.

3. Not luring me in. Basically pulled a Koodo/Virgin and killed their previous better plans and replaced them with worse. I was here today to finish off a plan that was ending on the 9th (today) only to find that it's vaporized. Won't be eating this expired meat now. What a disappointment.

4. This is Telus at the end of the day. We are doing ourselves a disservice thinking this chummy arm around our shoulder won't turn into a headlock at any point. They are a company and you are a dollar sign. Dropping the rewards, text problems, replacing plans with worse features which cost more and pulling the previous plans before the end date, maybe I dodged a bullet not switching over. Porting numbers always gives me the chills but it might have saved me this time.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow , I won't shoot the messenger,  but these plans sucks! 💣

I have a few plans, my last being $15. When I asked in January to be 'promoted' to the $24 new activations only, I was turned down flat 2x!!  This plan is expensive for only 250 Mb, but for the purpose of why I have this account, I don't need it anyway so I refuse to pay more. 

Off course I could use it, but at the right price. $24 was too much, but... I was willing to take it for 4GB, but not $26 for the same 4GB 🤨.

They need to  revisit something in between the bottom 3 tiers.

I am still 👀 and wait for something better from PM😯.

Thanks for sharing!!!

ExiledFrmPublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

>>I think they don't offer any Canada-US plan at the moment

They should have, at least for today anyways. Oh wait................. That sale stating its ending today actually ended YESTERDAY and us people thinking we had today still to activate get to stick with our other carriers after getting hosed by PM.

SeniorCitizen

What’s this…..plans being offered to new activations only?

1. Is that not a discriminating way of doing things and disrespectful to existing (loyal) customers?

2. If an existing customer wants one of those plans, does that not lead them to find elsewhere?

3. Do these offers bring in new customers and help lose existing customers?

4. In this time of customer dissatisfaction, why does PM add to it by waving the red flag to the raging bull?

HI @hairbag1 

i added the other plans there as well.  I am not 100% sure  I thought there was a 75GB plan before too

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

isn't $40 / 75GB's new also ?

Need Help? Let's chat.