cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plan.

Scribe_55
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I change my plan will I still get my $1 a month reduction for each year of membership plus the .5GB for auto renewal?

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Scribe_55 

All rewards will transfer over to the new plan but DON'T click on switching to the new Points system.

All plans will now include the bonus data whether or not you are on AutoPay so the $25 plan will include 1gb of data.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Scribe_55 

Unless you switch to points (DON'T?!!)in your rewards account you will keep $$ rewards as you had them before when you change plans. If you schedule a change plan on next renewal your rewards will apply as per usual. If you change plans immediately you not only lose any value left in the old plan (there is no prorating) but your rewards will not apply until you complete a full 30 day cycle.

There is no longer an autopay data bonus it's been automatically applied to all plans now and is just included in the total plan data amount.

Be aware of both the new and old autopay glitch when changing plans which can now affect both upgrades and downgrades. The old glitch when upgrading can be avoided by manually topping up your account with the new plan amount so it avoids using autopay for renewal. 

The new autopay glitch is harder to prevent since even though your plan is cheaper and you manually top up the new amount autopay may still charge the difference between your old plan and your new one. If it's a 90 day plan it can be expensive. It appears the only way to avoid the overcharge is to top up the account with the new plan amount and either temporarily replace the card on file with a $0 credit/gift card until renewal finishes or disable autopay shortly after midnight eastern upon renewal after your rewards are applied. Go to sleep and when your new plan is showing as active in your account you can enable autopay again.

Scribe_55
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Many thanks for the replies.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Scribe_55 

your rewards will be in your account and not affected If you change plan, 

use browser from computer,and use inPrivate mode,

Login to your account and go to Plan & Add-ons, and scroll the plans using the down and up arrows on the far right. select the plan you want, and select ‘Change plan now’ then you pay full price plan,

or ‘Change plan on renewal date’..to you not losing any money..

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

To add to @Handy1 post...@Scribe_55 - 500 mb is set in the plans regardless of whether or not you are on Autopay. So will will get this anyhow.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Scribe_55  Yes you keep rewards no risk lossing them there tied to you account not you plan 

ii can confirm this I just switched to the 15Gb for $40 and keep all my old rewards 

edit you keep auto pay $2 too and friend referrals 

Need Help? Let's chat.