cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account and sim not working

colliins1977
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just I just recently purchased a SIM card and put it in what I know is a unlocked phone And create a new account. I can see the public mobile networks when I try to select one I get an error message that says could not connect. In the list I see 3 or 4 other carriers as well.. I followed every help article on the site I've checked the APN settings I've factory reset one of the phones no the phones no luck. I'm trying on an unlocked Google phone right now with no success.I've also tried it on the Galaxy S8 and S21.

Is there anything Is there anything in the creation of a new account that needs to take effect before I can connect? I did not port any numbers I selected a new one..

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@colliins1977 - you activated a public mobile sim card with a new number. And tested in 3 different phones (good troubleshooting). And still no services?

If you did all this and your My Account status is showing Active, perhaps there is some kind of delay on the account/sim activation (although it is supposed to be pretty immediate).

Try rebooting your phone every few minutes to see if service kick in. If services continue not to work in different phone submit a ticket with CSA to check your account.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@colliins1977 hi if you dial *611 what does it say?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So you successfully went through the activation process from the Activate link up top? You paid and it went through? You can login to your account?

Need Help? Let's chat.